Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.
Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.

Fantage Cheats, Secrets, Glitches, Info & Help.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

IMPORTANT: DO NOT DONATE

Go down 
+14
Noasauru
Squirtle
Katerina Petrova
Tenth Doc Rocks
flower
Wizzy
Sandy
o
Officer Number Two
elise
Lineesa
flandre
YEEZUS
Colorora
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Colorora
Senior Fantagian
Colorora

IMPORTANT: DO NOT DONATE Empty
PostSubject: IMPORTANT: DO NOT DONATE   IMPORTANT: DO NOT DONATE Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 6:27 pm

There is a rumor going around on fantageville that this event is a big fat SCAM. Do not donate anymore stars juuuuust to be safe.I don't want this to be true but I wanna warn you guys about this. 
You can read the evidance that it is a scam here:http://fantageville.wordpress.com/2013/12/05/charity-event/#comment-35924
You have to admit it is some pretty good logic she has going there. 
DO NOT DONATE 1 STAR UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE AND CHECK DAILY FOR AN INDICATION OF THE DONATION.
affraid Shocked silent pale Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
YEEZUS
Veteran Fantagian
YEEZUS

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: DO NOT DONATE   IMPORTANT: DO NOT DONATE Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 6:56 pm

its just???v irtual currency 2 begin with stars have no real life money value i dont see how its a scam if ur not being tricked/scammed out of any real money?????/
Back to top Go down
http://lindsaylochan.tumblr.com
flandre
Expert Fantagian
flandre

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: DO NOT DONATE   IMPORTANT: DO NOT DONATE Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 7:55 pm

anna's banana wrote:
its just???v irtual currency 2 begin with stars have no real life money value i dont see how its a scam if ur not being tricked/scammed out of any real money?????/
Fantage is scamming US

We donate stars and how can virtual stars become money.?
Stars are not really anything so I wonder what the are planing to do. What I found sad is I donated 10,000 stars that I could of used for something better.
Back to top Go down
Lineesa
Passionate Fantagian
Lineesa

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: DO NOT DONATE   IMPORTANT: DO NOT DONATE Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 8:17 pm

Perhaps like for every 100,000 stars donated, they are donating a dollar to the said charity. Since you can't buy stars, it's not really a "scam" because you're not losing any real world currency (but that's just my opinion.) It's just a game y'alllllz and half of us probably don't go on it anymore.
Back to top Go down
http://lineesa.deviantart.com/
Colorora
Senior Fantagian
Colorora

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: DO NOT DONATE   IMPORTANT: DO NOT DONATE Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 8:41 pm

It's a scam because A they are not actually dontating and B they are making you spend more time on the game recollecting the stars you donated for nothing which reverts back into reason number 1.
Back to top Go down
flandre
Expert Fantagian
flandre

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: DO NOT DONATE   IMPORTANT: DO NOT DONATE Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 8:54 pm

Jolly St. Lineesa wrote:
Perhaps like for every 100,000 stars donated, they are donating a dollar to the said charity. Since you can't buy stars, it's not really a "scam" because you're not losing any real world currency (but that's just my opinion.) It's just a game y'alllllz and half of us probably don't go on it anymore.
You CAN buy stars...I know it..if I'm not correct you can correct me
Back to top Go down
elise
Devoted Fantagian
elise

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: DO NOT DONATE   IMPORTANT: DO NOT DONATE Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 9:03 pm

//woah goo d grammar wave to me hello

As the people above me said, its just virtual currency. I have no idea why I just grew away from fantage. Isn't it just a virtual world game? But seriously, its not a "scam." Its virtual money. If they got money from the games when you buy things with stars..well..yeah. (I highly doubt it though..)
tl;dr, Its just virtual money. Fantage opened a charity thing before.
Back to top Go down
Officer Number Two
Loyal Fantagian
Officer Number Two

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: DO NOT DONATE   IMPORTANT: DO NOT DONATE Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 9:55 pm

Maybe fantage is pretending to scam so they won't have to donate a lot of money because no one would donate :3

But fantage probably is thinking that if we give them stars we'd be too lazy to get them back and buy ecoins, thus gaining enough money to donate.

Well, I really wouldn't worry about it. I mean, if you give them stars and them don't donate it it isn't really a big deal? If you want to do it donate it yourself instead of just cheating off of fantage to donate stuff for free. It's a game, just a game. But I think fantage is telling the truth, and it is all a glitch because fantage is really gitchy or it's something about how many stars per point and stuff. Think of it this way: If you were paying fntage in a currency that hasno real value to donately to charity, WHY would fantage do it if they weren't going to donate? Just because someone sits there and plays the game for a longer period of time doesnt mean fantage will earn oney.

I dunno it's still a 50-50 chance in my opinion
Back to top Go down
o
Veteran Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: DO NOT DONATE   IMPORTANT: DO NOT DONATE Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 10:08 pm

honestly, whether the charity is real or not, i'm not sure why people are getting so worked up about it? like those above me stated, it's just a virtual game???????? and??? don't you think that, given stars have no monetary value, fantage would donate using money they've earned from memberships and ecoins instead????? like as lineesa said, maybe for x amount of stars donated, they donate x amount of dollars they earned from people buying memberships and stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sandy
Passionate Fantagian
Sandy

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: DO NOT DONATE   IMPORTANT: DO NOT DONATE Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 10:28 pm

no butt seriously
stars are not real currency
I'm pretty sure you can't buy stars, but IDK
I only donated 100 stars tbh, just to get the items
and I'm happy I did, since I'm starting to suspect after all of your guys' reasons that this is a scam
and I know they did charity things before, I have like 5 medals for those
Back to top Go down
Wizzy
Loyal Fantagian
Wizzy

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: DO NOT DONATE   IMPORTANT: DO NOT DONATE Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 11:23 pm

i only donated 1,200 stars.
If the charity was real (i dont even know if its real), I would donated more stars but, yeah.
I agree with hop and potato, its just a game o.o
Back to top Go down
flower
Hero Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: DO NOT DONATE   IMPORTANT: DO NOT DONATE Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 6:58 am

I know it's somewhat mean to pretend to donate to a charity, but since we're not actually buying the stars with a real-life currency, it's not that big of a deal. If it were eCoins, that would be a problem. Otherwise, it's mean, but not really a scam.
Back to top Go down
flandre
Expert Fantagian
flandre

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: DO NOT DONATE   IMPORTANT: DO NOT DONATE Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 8:23 am

i dont freaking care if its virtual, my mom pays for it and i dont wanna waste stars to an unknown charity 
Back to top Go down
Tenth Doc Rocks
Regular Fantagian
Tenth Doc Rocks

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: DO NOT DONATE   IMPORTANT: DO NOT DONATE Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 9:28 am

aren't you judging a little too fast?

Fantage has donated to many charities in the past such as Child's Play, K.I.D.S, and the Red Cross. So why do you think they won't donate this time? For those of you who were around in 2010-2011, they posted that they donated to Red Cross (for Japan hurricane) and Child's Play (toys for kids in hospitals).

no one here would know that they are "not donating" and that "it's a scam". You have no evidence to support this!  No 

wait until Fantage posts about their donation effort post-event, then you can judge, I think!
Back to top Go down
Katerina Petrova
Devoted Fantagian
Katerina Petrova

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: DO NOT DONATE   IMPORTANT: DO NOT DONATE Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 11:41 am

Does it matter?

If you chose to believe it then believe it and you aren't forced to donate.
Back to top Go down
Colorora
Senior Fantagian
Colorora

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: DO NOT DONATE   IMPORTANT: DO NOT DONATE Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 3:28 pm

Have any of you actually read the article I posted? That also helps with understanding THIS WAS A SCAM.
Back to top Go down
Squirtle
Ultimate Fantagian
Squirtle

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: DO NOT DONATE   IMPORTANT: DO NOT DONATE Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 3:59 pm

colorora wrote:
Have any of you actually read the article I posted? That also helps with understanding THIS WAS A SCAM.

I don't mean to sound rude, but you did not make anything clear to us? You just told us a rumor you heard. If you don't want to "waste" your stars on donating, then just don't donate. Some people might want to donate, and you can't stop them from doing it. There is a possibility of it being a scam, because they don't really have the name of the organization they want you to donate to. On the other hand, it might be real. Don't get mad at me because this is all just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
http://nerurumi.deviantart.com/
Noasauru
Rookie Fantagian
Noasauru

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: DO NOT DONATE   IMPORTANT: DO NOT DONATE Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 4:53 pm

stars aren't even real money and you definitely don't pay for them.
AND we get a bunch of free items from donating even a little bit and a medal.
Just like how they did it in the past.
so i don't see how fantage is scamming anyone?

If anything, they usually do the charity thing in the spring/summertime so this is sort of surprising.
they're not forcing you to do anything.
And I've been playing for a few years now and they have donated to a bunch of charities in the past.
please don't cause panic from just a rumor you heard from a blog.

besides I want more people to donate so we can hit the full goal.
i really want clothes to get donated. :T
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/noasauru.fantage
Tenth Doc Rocks
Regular Fantagian
Tenth Doc Rocks

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: DO NOT DONATE   IMPORTANT: DO NOT DONATE Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 1:45 pm

If you read the Comet, it says they will be announcing which 3 charities (by name) they donated to.
Back to top Go down
Cefie
Dedicated Fantagian
Cefie

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: DO NOT DONATE   IMPORTANT: DO NOT DONATE Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 9:14 pm

1) Is the article from a reliable source?
2) If so, why?
3) What can you read from the text that shows it is a reliable source?
4) Does the article provide evidence with facts for ALL claims?
5) Is it reasonable?

What my Humanities and Biology teacher taught me for writing essays. ^^
Thought it might relate.
Back to top Go down
Colorora
Senior Fantagian
Colorora

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: DO NOT DONATE   IMPORTANT: DO NOT DONATE Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 7:40 am

1) Yes
2) It has quite a few mature pages and posts.
3) Logic
4) Yes
5)Yes
Back to top Go down
flandre
Expert Fantagian
flandre

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: DO NOT DONATE   IMPORTANT: DO NOT DONATE Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 9:04 am

can we just stop arguing over this? 
Let the topic die...
Back to top Go down
Janelle
Veteran Fantagian
Janelle

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: DO NOT DONATE   IMPORTANT: DO NOT DONATE Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 9:29 am

Nagisa~ wrote:
can we just stop arguing over this? 
Let the topic die...
agreed.

come on, it's just stars, a virtual currency, you can earn the hem anytime..
Back to top Go down
Gabriella
Dedicated Fantagian
Gabriella

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: DO NOT DONATE   IMPORTANT: DO NOT DONATE Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 3:50 pm

OMG I could not resist posting on this topic.

I know that stars are fake currency BUT if you worked hard to get them, you should have the right to complain, but not the right to throw a hissyfit about it. Yea, you can get them back, but If I donated alot of stars to a charity only to find out that it is fake, then I would be mad too. But I only donated 400 stars, so it doesn't hurt me. I think alot of people will get upset over this. If Fantage was making a charity, they should've not have lied about it TWICE IN A ROW (remember the KIDS charity?)!

If stars are fake currency, then why is Fantage trying to get you to donate them to a real charity, if it is real?

FYI, some people donated only to level up, that's why I donated. No one is stupid; lots of kids including me suspected it to be fake.
Back to top Go down
Cefie
Dedicated Fantagian
Cefie

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: DO NOT DONATE   IMPORTANT: DO NOT DONATE Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 8:23 pm

i wasnt really tryin to start a fight, just sayin you gotta have the right sources for something.

you'll probably learn this in high school:

On the other hand, while i dont belief Fantage would lie, it would be evil and horrifying if it was fake

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: DO NOT DONATE   IMPORTANT: DO NOT DONATE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

IMPORTANT: DO NOT DONATE
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next