Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.
Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.

Fantage Cheats, Secrets, Glitches, Info & Help.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

On noobs, veterans, and forum etiquette.

Go down 
+17
pokeranger
Mace
Cherry_fine
kiki424
Skai
Bluerivers
linda
Mustard
Angus Bethune
xXlexiXx
bladerunner22
Bloobu
Nakira
Oliver
S
nymphie
Makkine
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
nymphie
Passionate Fantagian
nymphie

On noobs, veterans, and forum etiquette.  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: On noobs, veterans, and forum etiquette.    On noobs, veterans, and forum etiquette.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 9:19 pm

Alex i'm 11 too................
Back to top Go down
Makkine
Makkine

PostSubject: Re: On noobs, veterans, and forum etiquette.    On noobs, veterans, and forum etiquette.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 9:41 pm

No, Alex, they aren't "ragging" on you. They are just saying that they are 11 like you, and using your age as an excuse is not a good idea. Heck, I know kids that are younger than me that are wayyy smarter than I am.

@Blue: I think the problem with you is, you are so cynical that you immediately think everyone's a jerk/annoying the moment at first, unless proven otherwise. So of course the huge amount of new people, who you believe to be annoying, is going to make you bitter and even less likely to accept people. /Psychological analysis. Correct me if I'm wrong.

The problem with your logic is that, the noob says something ignorant or annoying, and you immediately are mean to them because of that. The noob sees you're annoyed, but has no idea why. And this is interpreted as "why are they annoying if they see they annoy me?!" by you, but this is not the case. Yes, they see they're annoying you, but are you seriously believing that they are doing so on purpose to make you angry? No, they are usually ignorant of their annoying-ness, and you blowing up at them causes mutual hostility and doesn't foment a friendly atmosphere. The solution here is, both parties should think before posting. I swear that's the best and only solution.
Back to top Go down
nymphie
Passionate Fantagian
nymphie

PostSubject: Re: On noobs, veterans, and forum etiquette.    On noobs, veterans, and forum etiquette.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 10:06 pm

In my psycho hole i believe noobs feel unaccepted because cool kids who have been on here forever don't like them.So they ask,"why do you hate me?"

Of course some are annoyed and thats natural but don't be a hypocrite and bash on your opinions and use the same lame excuse

"So its my opinion!"

Really you were just hating on there's!
Back to top Go down
Mustard
Senior Fantagian
Mustard

PostSubject: Re: On noobs, veterans, and forum etiquette.    On noobs, veterans, and forum etiquette.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 1:11 pm

I came to this forum since I was 8 years old.
Look who's talking.
;D
Back to top Go down
nymphie
Passionate Fantagian
nymphie

PostSubject: Re: On noobs, veterans, and forum etiquette.    On noobs, veterans, and forum etiquette.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 7:33 pm

Alex in the most non-offensive way possible.NO one is being mean to you.You are just to Poorly-minded to say so that you don't get it.You think everyone is being mean.In reality you are letting little things bug you.Which we'll NEVER get you far on this forum.Actually you are going to be bashed on more.
Back to top Go down
Nakira
Dedicated Fantagian
Nakira

PostSubject: Re: On noobs, veterans, and forum etiquette.    On noobs, veterans, and forum etiquette.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 10:30 pm

nymphie wrote:
Alex in the most non-offensive way possible.NO one is being mean to you.You are just to Poorly-minded to say so that you don't get it.You think everyone is being mean.In reality you are letting little things bug you.Which we'll NEVER get you far on this forum.Actually you are going to be bashed on more.

Actually, I think a few veterans were genuinely mean to her. But they're not really doing it anymore.
Back to top Go down
nymphie
Passionate Fantagian
nymphie

PostSubject: Re: On noobs, veterans, and forum etiquette.    On noobs, veterans, and forum etiquette.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 10:34 pm

@russia No one now
Back to top Go down
Nakira
Dedicated Fantagian
Nakira

PostSubject: Re: On noobs, veterans, and forum etiquette.    On noobs, veterans, and forum etiquette.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 1:13 am

nymphie wrote:
@russia No one now

Yeah, I think that the bashing has gone down a lot now.
Back to top Go down
xXlexiXx
Loyal Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: On noobs, veterans, and forum etiquette.    On noobs, veterans, and forum etiquette.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 8:23 am

jeeze i just came on this forum to post stuff on a blog o.O then i joined and all dis drama came i might as well quit and it might stop...might wait a while tho...
Back to top Go down
Skai
Senior Fantagian
Skai

PostSubject: Re: On noobs, veterans, and forum etiquette.    On noobs, veterans, and forum etiquette.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 3:01 pm

I <3 this topic.
I agree that the veterans need to be less mean but..
i think the newbies need to be taught more than the veterans yelled at..
If the newbies knew how to post and not irritate people,
none of this would happen.
I know someone will come back with,
"well if the veterans could deal with it this wouldnt happen."
but i think the newbies need a little more teaching, i guess?,
than the veterans.

Otherwise, this is totally true.
Back to top Go down
kiki424
Passionate Fantagian
kiki424

PostSubject: Re: On noobs, veterans, and forum etiquette.    On noobs, veterans, and forum etiquette.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 4:10 pm

Wow.... o.o now this topic sure has a lot of meaning, thought, and strong words to it. Yes, us-older people-should be a bit nicer to the new people. Yes, I admit that I was mean (maybe) on a few topics. Yes, we all should lighten up and think twice before posting. Yes, we should be a bit mature and more kind to the new kids. But hey, I was a noob/newb once but I learned. The new kids have to learn as well. But I'm still wow'd about this topic...... .o.
Back to top Go down
Makkine
Makkine

PostSubject: Re: On noobs, veterans, and forum etiquette.    On noobs, veterans, and forum etiquette.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 4:25 pm

@Skai: Eh, both sides need to learn. Although, yes, noobs need to think twice before saying something that might be annoying.
Back to top Go down
nymphie
Passionate Fantagian
nymphie

PostSubject: Re: On noobs, veterans, and forum etiquette.    On noobs, veterans, and forum etiquette.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 6:32 pm

@alex they're you go acting the same way you are.Please,for Pete's sake learn!

@skai I suppose its both sides.But some noobs need to learn

@kiki I can agree its interesting

I have something to say.........

Noobs,please learn how to use a magical thing called grammar and the ominous spell check!

Veterans,I see what you mean but for the love of god keep it to your friends!Don't tell them they're noobs!

Back to top Go down
Cherry_fine
Junior Fantagian
Cherry_fine

PostSubject: Re: On noobs, veterans, and forum etiquette.    On noobs, veterans, and forum etiquette.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 12:25 pm

EXCUSE PPL XD i joined fantage fourm cuz i wanted to and not because i like fantage
i quit 2 years ago

YES I WANNA TYPE IN CAPS IM NOT RUDE

god wheres my medicine>.> Arrow
Back to top Go down
Mace
Administrator
Administrator
Mace

PostSubject: Re: On noobs, veterans, and forum etiquette.    On noobs, veterans, and forum etiquette.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 4:52 pm

This is the topic that needed to happen.

There are many fights between new people and old people. Why can't you just get a long?

For the veterans that don't play fantage - you don't have to. Just because other people play fantage, and like it, doesn't mean that you have to be rude about it and then start trolling the fantage section.

New people - try to use better grammar, spelling, and stop with the caps lock. It's not to hard to figure out this, and read the rules a few times to understand them. The rules aren't really enforced well at the moment, but that doesn't mean me or any other moderator won't take action if they see a rule broken.

Hopefully people will understand that you don't have to play fantage to be here, as this forum isn't ONLY about Fantage, it is just based around it.

Yeah, I don't play Fantage anymore but I still enjoy chatting with people on a forum a lot of us have gotten to know and like.

Back to top Go down
http://fantagegeek.com
pokeranger
Hero Fantagian
pokeranger

PostSubject: Re: On noobs, veterans, and forum etiquette.    On noobs, veterans, and forum etiquette.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 8:09 pm

Mace wrote:

There are many fights between new people and old people. Why can't you just get a long?

For the veterans that don't play fantage - you don't have to. Just because other people play fantage, and like it, doesn't mean that you have to be rude about it and then start trolling the fantage section.

New people - try to use better grammar, spelling, and stop with the caps lock. It's not to hard to figure out this, and read the rules a few times to understand them. The rules aren't really enforced well at the moment, but that doesn't mean me or any other moderator won't take action if they see a rule broken.

Hopefully people will understand that you don't have to play fantage to be here, as this forum isn't ONLY about Fantage, it is just based around it.

Yeah, I don't play Fantage anymore but I still enjoy chatting with people on a forum a lot of us have gotten to know and like.

Like me? ;D Just kidding. But yeah.. Noobs do get annoying. I know how I was befor. ;O I'm fine with peopple who play fantage still, but sometimes, they get pretty annoying... But yeah, Mace did make his point... But I still want the new people to stop with the capitals, it frustrates me. A LOT.
Back to top Go down
Forever Forgotten
Senior Fantagian
Forever Forgotten

PostSubject: Re: On noobs, veterans, and forum etiquette.    On noobs, veterans, and forum etiquette.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 7:06 am

I still play fantage but I wouldn't say I'm a noob. I'm a senior.
Back to top Go down
Cherry_fine
Junior Fantagian
Cherry_fine

PostSubject: Re: On noobs, veterans, and forum etiquette.    On noobs, veterans, and forum etiquette.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 4:45 pm

What if you were a noob how would i treat you!?!?!?

Back to top Go down
waffles_4_ever
Junior Fantagian
waffles_4_ever

PostSubject: Re: On noobs, veterans, and forum etiquette.    On noobs, veterans, and forum etiquette.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 5:00 pm

Mace wrote:

Yeah i dont get what the Senior Fantagians and Other ones have against Veterans stop calling us noobs get a life i quit fantage a year ago and im back wow and i join really now im anoob?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/fantagewaffles
xXlexiXx
Loyal Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: On noobs, veterans, and forum etiquette.    On noobs, veterans, and forum etiquette.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 6:52 pm

@waffles_4_ever I know right? noob is a slang version of newbie just say newbie ok? or atleast say it like "newb" so people can see the diff. does our rank REALLY matter?!

Last edited by alex15566 on Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
xXlexiXx
Loyal Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: On noobs, veterans, and forum etiquette.    On noobs, veterans, and forum etiquette.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 6:58 pm

@nymphie hey,if you don't like ME for ME then ignore me don't just stand there rolling your eyes.Yes I AM annoying but arent we all? some more than others so i must be to you more than others and your NOT the wisest person who has ever walked this earth so stop acting like it! I join what I want and you really can't change that so stop acting like you know all ok? some people are really upset at me right now b/c of this comment i can tell (you know who you are!) but whatever I'm stating what I think needs to be said jeez
Back to top Go down
no
Passionate Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: On noobs, veterans, and forum etiquette.    On noobs, veterans, and forum etiquette.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 7:45 pm

I could understand this, people really need to be careful what they say online, because it's typed, you can't hear their tone of voice. That, on many occasions, has started a lot of fighting. Not just on this website either, I've seen a lot of it on other websites too.
So, all in all, I think it was great for you to post this.
Back to top Go down
nymphie
Passionate Fantagian
nymphie

PostSubject: Re: On noobs, veterans, and forum etiquette.    On noobs, veterans, and forum etiquette.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 8:04 pm

@Alex When did I say I hated you.I was just stating something that MANY people think.
Back to top Go down
xXlexiXx
Loyal Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: On noobs, veterans, and forum etiquette.    On noobs, veterans, and forum etiquette.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 8:14 pm

well how about we just shut up lol (i think that would help alot)
Back to top Go down
Makkine
Makkine

PostSubject: Re: On noobs, veterans, and forum etiquette.    On noobs, veterans, and forum etiquette.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 9:19 pm

Alex, HPF, please move the discussion to PM or to a seperate thread. We are trying to FIX problems here, not start them. :/

Now, people, you all say you agree, and I have seen some improvement in the forum so far, but I just want to make sure that no hypocrisy is being involved. Make sure you keep agreeing with this whether you are on this thread or one a new person posted about Fantage, a troll topic by a veteran. Better to ignore them and set an example.

Also, noob=/=newb. A newb is simply a new person, nothing more. A noob is someone who is typically regarded as having less intelligence than the general populace of a site, and it's offensive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: On noobs, veterans, and forum etiquette.    On noobs, veterans, and forum etiquette.  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

On noobs, veterans, and forum etiquette.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next