Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.
Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.

Fantage Cheats, Secrets, Glitches, Info & Help.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Drawing of my OC

Go down 
+11
Melissa H.
S
Magdaleena
taptap489
Mila
Winnowill
Stars
o
Crownie
sherley739
Makkine
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Makkine
Makkine

Drawing of my OC Empty
PostSubject: Drawing of my OC   Drawing of my OC Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 8:50 pm

This is Kusha/Cousa, from a comic I am writing. She's not a very pleasant person.

Drawing of my OC 37ajt

The skirt shading looks a little off, yeah :,D. Like always, any kind of commentary is accepted! But be aware that I am not able to change the drawing because my SAI is stupid, so any criticism will be taken as future reference only.

Oh, yeah, and the text says "Sousterlw inar" (pronounced SUH-stair-luh ee-NAR). In my conlang (made-up language), that means "she is tired".
Back to top Go down
sherley739
Passionate Fantagian
sherley739

Drawing of my OC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drawing of my OC   Drawing of my OC Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 8:58 pm

your art syle is so awsome i just love it so much great job. i really love the shading and the skirt looks perfect though her ..chest.. looks a bit saggy unless it that way cuz of the pose anyway 10/10
Back to top Go down

Drawing of my OC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drawing of my OC   Drawing of my OC Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 9:09 pm

The background and shading is great! I love the designs. 10/10
Back to top Go down
Crownie
Dedicated Fantagian
Crownie

Drawing of my OC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drawing of my OC   Drawing of my OC Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 10:09 pm

Oh my goodness, this is amazing.
I just love the way you understand and draw correct poses of the human body.
But the chest does bother me a bit as well, because it looks rather...pointy. Unless it's supposed to look more cartoonish than realistic because I've seen many cartoonist draw the breasts like that.
Back to top Go down
o
Veteran Fantagian

Drawing of my OC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drawing of my OC   Drawing of my OC Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 11:11 pm

Words cannot describe this... but numbers can: 10/10!

However, what is that line going across her nose? Is that an eyebrow, wrinkle, or what?
Back to top Go down
Stars
Devoted Fantagian
Stars

Drawing of my OC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drawing of my OC   Drawing of my OC Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 5:59 am

She's middle eastern i bet you.
It looks like there's arabic written on it.
10/10
Back to top Go down
Winnowill
Loyal Fantagian
Winnowill

Drawing of my OC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drawing of my OC   Drawing of my OC Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 10:36 am

This is beautiful. I love how you really got the feel of a Middle eastern style of dress. Also, your language sounds awesome...can I learn it?
Back to top Go down
Mila
Expert Fantagian

Drawing of my OC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drawing of my OC   Drawing of my OC Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 2:40 pm

omg, thats beautiful. i like it lots
Back to top Go down
Makkine
Makkine

Drawing of my OC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drawing of my OC   Drawing of my OC Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 4:46 pm

@Crownie and sherley: I usually try to draw her with lots of triangles and sharp lines, but this time I think I overdid it, haha :,D. I'll keep that in mind when drawing her in the actual comic.

@hop: If you look closely, you can see it's a veil hanging from her hat. I should've made the colouring more exaggerated, definitely.

@stars: That's Shajin, my made-up language. It acts nothing like Arabic grammar-wise, but the letters were made purposefully that way for purely aesthetic reasons.

@Silmaril: Yeah, this is one of the more Ottoman-inspired designs. The actual comic features Russian, Polish, Balkan, Ottoman, Arabic, and Persian designs, as well as some Chinese and Native American :B. As for my language, I dunno how much I can teach you, but here's a crash course in the grammar of this particular sentence:
GRAMMAR GRAMMAR:

@Everyone else: Thank you so much for all the feedback!
Back to top Go down
taptap489
Regular Fantagian
taptap489

Drawing of my OC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drawing of my OC   Drawing of my OC Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 4:50 pm

Wow that's so like...perfect! At first I thought it was like something from google images at first cuz like it's REALLY good! Though I sorta agree with Crownie, the chest IS a little...pointy I should say... Unless you made it like that on purpose
Back to top Go down
Stars
Devoted Fantagian
Stars

Drawing of my OC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drawing of my OC   Drawing of my OC Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 4:53 pm

@makkine.
Omg that's awesome that you made up a language.
you know what's creepy?
my mom was born in a middle eastern country.
She read the bottom part of the writing.
SHe said that it meant "sister"
Creepy :S
Back to top Go down
Magdaleena
Expert Fantagian
Magdaleena

Location : Somewhere in northern Europe. Probably hours ahead of you.

Drawing of my OC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drawing of my OC   Drawing of my OC Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 5:00 pm

If this was dA, I'd fave this. It deserves nothing less than a 10/10, in my opinion.
Your style is lovely, and you draw at least a million times better than I did a year ago. And your tablet actually works. Lucky.

Also, it's so awesome that you made your own conlang. Was it hard to make? Is it based on any existing language? Lol, I'm just being curious. And I feel like this post is made out of nothing but compliments. xD
Back to top Go down
http://magdaneela.deviantart.com
S
Dedicated Fantagian
S

Drawing of my OC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drawing of my OC   Drawing of my OC Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 5:37 pm

Makky y u write so elegantly in a completely different alphabet. You suck.

ALSO EVEN IF THIS TAKES PLACE A LONG TIME AGO SHE SHOULD STILL BE WEARING A BRA SO NO SAGGY BOOBS. >Sad

Anyways nice pose, I do the casual one pose only thing. (Does not go outside the bubble)
Back to top Go down
Makkine
Makkine

Drawing of my OC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drawing of my OC   Drawing of my OC Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 6:48 pm

@stars: Huh, that's weird. I'm positive that the only thing that could be read as Arabic is the little dot thing and the top of the 3. Which country, exactly? Or, to be more precise, in which script does she write? If we're thinking of different alphabets/abjads, then that could explain it.

@Maggie: Nothing but compliments is good, is good >: D. I feel like I should make a video in my conlangs, so you can all hear it spoken. To answer your questions, making up the grammar was relatively simple, though it did require some research. Coming up with all the vocabulary is a bit of a block for me. I do take bits and pieces from natlangs here and there, but it's completely a priori (sorry for my jargon).

Here's an awesome group if you want to get started: http://conlangers.deviantart.com/
And here's a guide that helped me a great deal: http://www.zompist.com/kit.html

Byakku: I write elegantly in foreign alphabets, not so much in Latin (actually I don't but it looks that way because I don't understand it uvu*)
ACTUALLY I RESEARCHED THE HISTORY OF BRAS AND DID YOU KNOW THEY DIDN'T WEAR THEM >:@ No, I lied, noblewomen did so I should be ashamed of myself u_u*
Back to top Go down
S
Dedicated Fantagian
S

Drawing of my OC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drawing of my OC   Drawing of my OC Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 7:22 pm

BRAS ARE MAGICAL, THEY DESERVE TO BE IN EVERY MODERN DRAWING, EVEN IF THAT DRAWING IS DEPICTING SOMEONE OF AN EARLIER TIME PERIOD.
Back to top Go down
Melissa H.
Dedicated Fantagian
Melissa H.

Drawing of my OC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drawing of my OC   Drawing of my OC Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 7:28 pm

@S
thts disturbing
Back to top Go down
http://fantage.com
Demonica Bishi
Devoted Fantagian
Demonica Bishi

Drawing of my OC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drawing of my OC   Drawing of my OC Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 8:51 pm

Your art is so beautiful asiojds. 10/10
Back to top Go down
S
Dedicated Fantagian
S

Drawing of my OC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drawing of my OC   Drawing of my OC Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 9:05 pm

kesha1658 wrote:
@S
thts disturbing

Hun' all women need to wear bras, if you haven't started to already then you must be young enough not to need one. Razz Might as well get used to it.
Back to top Go down
Pommu-pon
Loyal Fantagian
Pommu-pon

Drawing of my OC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drawing of my OC   Drawing of my OC Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 12:26 pm

I don't find much to critique, only that the hand and the sleeve have a tiny bit of messy colouring(, or is that meant to be like that?)
--
Makkine, your artwork is so inspiring. From what I've seen that is.

You have your own style, and it's so original. PLUS you've created your own language. I'd love to be that cunning.
Back to top Go down
Golden-Star
Loyal Fantagian
Golden-Star

Drawing of my OC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drawing of my OC   Drawing of my OC Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 1:47 pm

did u draw tht?
Back to top Go down
http://yummystrawberries.canadian-forum.com/
Makkine
Makkine

Drawing of my OC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drawing of my OC   Drawing of my OC Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 4:21 pm

@Miki-lu: No, it's not supposed to be like that. Thanks for the heads-up C:.

Aww, thanks! I'm honoured, I'd love to have a visually distinct style like that. Yess, languages and linguistics are great!

@Swag down pack: No, it just magically appeared on my screen, obviously.
Back to top Go down
pokeranger
Hero Fantagian
pokeranger

Drawing of my OC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drawing of my OC   Drawing of my OC Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 5:34 pm

That's amazing, Makki. <333 I can never draw liek dat hurhur
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Drawing of my OC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drawing of my OC   Drawing of my OC Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Drawing of my OC
Page 1 of 1