Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.
Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.

Fantage Cheats, Secrets, Glitches, Info & Help.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Cello camp? (6/11/12)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
cynthia
Dedicated Fantagian
cynthia

Cello camp? (6/11/12) Empty
PostSubject: Cello camp? (6/11/12)   Cello camp? (6/11/12) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 2:22 pm

Kay, so this was my first day of Cello Camp.

I woke up at about 6:30, which is about 5 hours earlier than I usually do.
I therefore ate, got into the car and drove to some really fancy shmansy building. (My definition of Fancy: having columns and a bunch of pretty flowers)

So our day was divided up into 5 periods.
In the first hour, we had to learn this advanced song that I couldn't even play. And he really didn't explain it to us. He just told us to play the song.

The second and third hour was much better (About 9:45-11:00)
Before class started I talked to all the other Cellos in my group. When I looked at the clock I said, "I should still be asleep right now" They just stared at me like I was crazy. And they were dressed up all fancy, with dresses and tights. And not a single girl there was wearing sneakers. (Yes it was a casualish camp) Eventually when the teacher walked in, he was maybe one of the nicest most relaxed teachers I've ever seen. he didn't get angry when one of the girls said she couldn't read the notes, like most of my impatient teachers did. (When I started playing the cello I had some people get slightly mad when I said I couldn't read notes. One of those teachers was actually at the camp)

After that on the 4th hour we all learned how to play bells
Exact quote when I got in the car "Hey mom, I learned how to ring a bell today."
We also got gloves, and I pretended to be a Mime.

On the 5th hour, we all had a meeting and listened to the teachers play violins. I was looking for my first mean cello teacher. (I have a better one now)

But yeah pretty cool. People actually laughed at the jokes I made, so yeah pretty awesome.

Back to top Go down
alex
alex

Cello camp? (6/11/12) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cello camp? (6/11/12)   Cello camp? (6/11/12) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 2:31 pm

Sounds like you had fun as the day ended! When I went to summer band a couple years ago, I couldn't play some of the scales. I suggest practicing it over and over until you have it right, or if it's too fast for you, you can try slowing it down until it's at the right tempo for you, and the gradually speed it up. It's awesome that you have a nice, relaxed teacher. And for your first mean teacher, you can always try avoiding him or her
Back to top Go down

Cello camp? (6/11/12)
Page 1 of 1