Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.
Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.

Fantage Cheats, Secrets, Glitches, Info & Help.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

How do I become a moderator?

Go down 
+16
Geeky_Anime_Fangirl♥
Usui
Squirtle
mich
Abstract
Flynn
snake
Abbey
Relora
3agle
S
Buckets
Dog
Golden-Star
FruitCake
Grenade
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Squirtle
Ultimate Fantagian
Squirtle

How do I become a moderator? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How do I become a moderator?   How do I become a moderator? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 8:28 am

1. There has to be applications
2.you have to follow the form
3.you have to be very responsible
4.you have to follow the rules
5.keep the forum neat

Back to top Go down
http://nerurumi.deviantart.com/
Dog
Loyal Fantagian
Dog

PostSubject: Re: How do I become a moderator?   How do I become a moderator? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 9:00 am

Yea. It's a bigger responsibility than it sounds. Haven't you ever talked to your parents and your dad asks, "Do you want to go to my work so I can go to school?" and you say something along the lines of, "Why would you want to go to school?! School is so boring?" and he would say, "It's MUCH more fun than work!". That's similar to the relationship between moderators and Fantagians. The moderators wish they were us because they work so hard, and we wish we were mods because we want power. You always want to be the person that you're not. Maybe the mods like being mods and they don't want to be normal fantagians, who knows. But do you get what I'm saying?
Back to top Go down
Usui
Hero Fantagian
Usui

PostSubject: Re: How do I become a moderator?   How do I become a moderator? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 9:12 am

The only way you could be a moderator, is by actually being responsible of it and follow the rules correctly.
Sometimes, you need some experience of being a moderator, to understand your job a bit better.
Maybe if they hold applications, then there might be a chance for you, but since you're just new here.
There won't he a high chance you will be a moderator. All I can say is, just follow the rules, get to know the forum a bit better. Only if the administrators are looking for a moderator. Which they probably aren't.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thepokemonland.forumotion.com
Dog
Loyal Fantagian
Dog

PostSubject: Re: How do I become a moderator?   How do I become a moderator? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 9:15 am

Yea. I don't really think we need another one, the admin just need to come on more often. And by the way, Grenade, watch out! The moderators are really keeping an eye on people who post in the wrong sections. This isn't artwork. I'm not back-seat modding, I'm just trying to help. But remember to post in the right sections. S has a guide about it if you have any questions.

Last edited by animal_lover on Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Usui
Hero Fantagian
Usui

PostSubject: Re: How do I become a moderator?   How do I become a moderator? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 9:18 am

animal_lover wrote:
Yea. I don't really think we need another one, the admin just need to come on more often.

Both administrators, need to go on a bit more often, or at least have another administrator. Which probably won't happen. Err.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thepokemonland.forumotion.com
Abbey
Former Staff
Former Staff
Abbey

PostSubject: Re: How do I become a moderator?   How do I become a moderator? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 9:21 am

animal_lover wrote:
I think I know what you are saying, but in that context, it's almost like you are suggesting that we give new people and spammers jobs here. I agree. The moderators are doing a great job at their jobs, but between the spamming (although the spammers have done a really dumb job), and the other responsibilities, we really need Mace and Cyrus. But the moderators are trying their best and they are cleaning it up, but the spammers just keep coming back. And people are quoting it. Quoted spam IS spam. But yea, I totally agree with abstract. There should be "departments" of the forum. Like moderating the language, removing inappropriate pictures, cleaning up spam, etc. Just some advice to Fantage Forum!
That's kind of what we already do. Makkine and I are more passive mods who clean up the forum and keep it in order (a job that has been severely hindered by being a mod), S is more of a hostile mod who will put up with unruly members.You guys, we really do have quite enough mods..it's not that we need more mods who can all do the same thing, we need a new admin. We really don't need any more staff, trust me.
Back to top Go down
Dog
Loyal Fantagian
Dog

PostSubject: Re: How do I become a moderator?   How do I become a moderator? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 9:22 am

Very true. Either the moderators need more power to do the things that are currently only capable of being done by the admin who hardly go on, or the admin just have to become less inactive on the forum. The admin are inactive. I agree with you, abbey. Besides, if we DID get a new mod, there would be another S and Swaggy relationship between the two. Or maybe next time someone spams the forum, we could just temporarily hire somebody to clean it up until they stop.

Last edited by animal_lover on Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Abbey
Former Staff
Former Staff
Abbey

PostSubject: Re: How do I become a moderator?   How do I become a moderator? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 9:27 am

animal_lover wrote:
Very true. Either the moderators need more power to do the things that are currently only capable of being done by the admin who hardly go on, or the admin just have to become less inactive on the forum.
That's exactly right. The forum was actually running really smoothly a year ago when they were more active but then they just weren't very active and it stopped being enough. Though I would be hesitant to trust someone to be an admin which is why I would assume they wouldn't pick a random member who would have otherwise been a mod, since basically access to the admin panel is like..a key to the forum. If the admin wanted to they could shut down the forum and change the passwords of the other staff. So it's a pretty big thing. So I think if there were an admin it'd probably be someone who has been here for a REALLY long time or someone who's already staff, but I kind of doubt that we'd get a new admin because Mace doesn't trust us. So.
Back to top Go down
Dog
Loyal Fantagian
Dog

PostSubject: Re: How do I become a moderator?   How do I become a moderator? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 9:32 am

Yea. I've kind of run out of ideas. Maybe there could be a staff member just to clean up spam? Like a spam janiter? I really don't know anymore.
Back to top Go down
Abbey
Former Staff
Former Staff
Abbey

PostSubject: Re: How do I become a moderator?   How do I become a moderator? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 9:37 am

animal_lover wrote:
Yea. I've kind of run out of ideas. Maybe there could be a staff member just to clean up spam? Like a spam janiter? I really don't know anymore.
The spam - it's not a big deal, believe me. It may seem like it but truthfully it's a bunch of immature kids who can't even spam right. I have to say, it is one of the most poorly done spamming attempts I've seen. They didn't bother to hide their IPs and made it very easy for us to clean it up.

FF doesn't usually have spam attacks. The last time was over a year ago I believe. It just isn't something that happens enough to warrant having a staff member just for it. Maybe if we kept getting spam attacks for like 2 weeks we would but we've had two spam attacks and the idiots have no idea what they're doing.

The mods are totally capable of cleaning it up. It honestly takes maybe..2 minutes. There's tools basically designed to clean up threads really quick. The thing is getting to it fast enough which a "spam janitor" wouldn't really solve, because no one is constantly moderating the forum. But we do clean it up as soon as we see it. And there's no way to prevent a spam attack, the spammers will spam if they want, the best we can do is clean it up as soon as possible and mods are totally capable of that and it doesn't take long at all, so it's ok. For now. Unless it got really bad. Right now I rank the severity as about 0.5 on a scale out of 10.
Back to top Go down
Dog
Loyal Fantagian
Dog

PostSubject: Re: How do I become a moderator?   How do I become a moderator? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 9:43 am

Yea I know. It's not a good job, it's just disgusting. But thanks for cleaning it up!
Back to top Go down
Geeky_Anime_Fangirl♥
Senior Fantagian
Geeky_Anime_Fangirl♥

PostSubject: Re: How do I become a moderator?   How do I become a moderator? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 10:46 am

i could care less about spamming with words by just writing snhfyukgyassdyukgfyusd or randomness like the other ppl did. i care about the inapropriate, disgusting, PICTURES people post, MOST of those are posted by people 12-13 and up. And there are kids here who shouldnt seee that. thats what I worry about.
but a mod has to clean that up! i feel bad for them.
Back to top Go down
dearheart1
Senior Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: How do I become a moderator?   How do I become a moderator? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 11:21 am

Adorkable_Ninja♥ wrote:
i could care less about spamming with words by just writing snhfyukgyassdyukgfyusd or randomness like the other ppl did. i care about the inapropriate, disgusting, PICTURES people post, MOST of those are posted by people 12-13 and up. And there are kids here who shouldnt seee that. thats what I worry about.
but a mod has to clean that up! i feel bad for them.

It was kinda hilarious but it wasn't really a good thing to do. Anyway, I realize being a mod on a forum with 4 thousand people may be hard (i only has experience with 30+) So it will be hard. .D
Back to top Go down
http://daba.medianewsonline.com/
Weekays
Expert Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: How do I become a moderator?   How do I become a moderator? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 12:51 pm

I think there is enough Mods
Back to top Go down
Flynn
Legendary Fantagian
Flynn

PostSubject: Re: How do I become a moderator?   How do I become a moderator? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 12:54 pm

♥~Kayleigh~♥ wrote:
I think there is enough Mods

There are enough mods now, but we really need new administrators.
Back to top Go down
Weekays
Expert Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: How do I become a moderator?   How do I become a moderator? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 12:57 pm

But we really cant that is really maces job

P.S i couldnt be bothered to quote
Back to top Go down
Flynn
Legendary Fantagian
Flynn

PostSubject: Re: How do I become a moderator?   How do I become a moderator? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 12:58 pm

♥~Kayleigh~♥ wrote:
But we really cant that is really maces job

P.S i couldnt be bothered to quote

Yes, but Mace and Cyrus have quit.
Back to top Go down
Weekays
Expert Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: How do I become a moderator?   How do I become a moderator? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 1:01 pm

Have they oh woow
Back to top Go down
v

PostSubject: Re: How do I become a moderator?   How do I become a moderator? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 1:02 pm

I don't know if they quit or not, but they're just not active. Mace promised to be active again once summer break starts for him, but I don't know anymore.
Back to top Go down
Weekays
Expert Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: How do I become a moderator?   How do I become a moderator? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 1:05 pm

Myabe they have been caught up in school work or there doing exams maybe?
Back to top Go down
yumyum43
Regular Fantagian
yumyum43

PostSubject: Re: How do I become a moderator?   How do I become a moderator? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 1:48 pm

u hav to understand that there are alot of discussions on this site, it probably hard enough work for mods.
btw why is everyone writing big speeches in their comments?! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Dog
Loyal Fantagian
Dog

PostSubject: Re: How do I become a moderator?   How do I become a moderator? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 1:54 pm

Wait, they just left the entire forum to the mods? Wow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do I become a moderator?   How do I become a moderator? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do I become a moderator?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2