Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.
Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.

Fantage Cheats, Secrets, Glitches, Info & Help.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Good Books?

Go down 
+10
mich
Rufistar
69hot_wangs69
Owl
o
Silver
Relora
alex
cynthia
Lenka
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Lenka
Veteran Fantagian
Lenka

Location : clap aloNG IF YOU FeeL THA t hapPINESS IS THE //TRUTH//

Good Books? Empty
PostSubject: Good Books?   Good Books? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 8:41 pm

Hai guys! I know school starts soon for most of you, but I want to know what books you guys think are good.
You may not know this about me but-I AM AN AVID READER-
asdfghjklasdfghjklasdfghj
wait a sec...did I just say avid? OMIGOODNEZZ ALL THM BOKZ FANCY TALKINZ ISH RUBBERING OFF ONZ MEEHHHH BRAINZ!!!

ahem
So anyways... I was wondering what are some good books?
-I'm not into violence, even though I did read the hunger games.
-I'm in middle school, so age appropriate litarature would be appropriate.
-I like funny books, adventure books, and slightly romantic mangas.

Thanks in advance!!
asdfghjkasdfghjkasdfghj

~oh yeah and no vampires~
Back to top Go down
cynthia
Dedicated Fantagian
cynthia

Good Books? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Books?   Good Books? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 9:09 pm

Chomp by Carl Hiaasen is a good book.

It's not an adult book, it doesn't have any vampires, It's kinda an adventure book, and it's funny at times. I read it in about 3 days, and it's about 300 pages.

Now I know the plot that I'm writing may seem kinda boring, but it's actually a very exciting book. It's about a kid who lives with his father. They own a zoo in their backyard, and one day a TV company offers them a lot of money to rent the alligator in their zoo. Eventually, they have to go to a real swamp to film some stuff, and they get lost.

Back to top Go down
alex
alex

Good Books? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Books?   Good Books? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 9:46 pm

The Lord of the Rings.

It's an epic fantasy trilogy and it's just amazing. ;w;
Back to top Go down
Lenka
Veteran Fantagian
Lenka

Location : clap aloNG IF YOU FeeL THA t hapPINESS IS THE //TRUTH//

Good Books? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Books?   Good Books? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 9:52 pm

Len wrote:
The Lord of the Rings.

My dad told me to read that too Razz
I've already read the Hobbit and I can't wait for the movie.
Back to top Go down
Relora
Hero Fantagian

Good Books? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Books?   Good Books? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 10:29 pm

The Eragon series sounds like somethign you might like.

It's a fantasy adventure about a boy and his newly born dragon fighting to save the land of from the evil king. It had a few romantic parts and I don't think it was too violent. There are fight scenes of course.
Back to top Go down
alex
alex

Good Books? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Books?   Good Books? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 10:32 pm

~luna~ wrote:
Len wrote:
The Lord of the Rings.

My dad told me to read that too Razz
I've already read the Hobbit and I can't wait for the movie.
The Hobbit is also really good! I really want to see the movie, too. ;w;
Back to top Go down
cynthia
Dedicated Fantagian
cynthia

Good Books? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Books?   Good Books? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 10:45 pm

Relora wrote:

It's a fantasy adventure about a boy and his newly born dragon fighting to save the land of from the evil king. It had a few romantic parts and I don't think it was too violent. There are fight scenes of course.

I liked Eragon a lot too. I'm only on the second book, but I still love the series.
Back to top Go down
Silver
Veteran Fantagian
Silver

Good Books? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Books?   Good Books? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 10:57 pm

Hugo its big but mostly picture :3
Back to top Go down
alex
alex

Good Books? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Books?   Good Books? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 11:07 pm

cynthia wrote:
Relora wrote:

I liked Eragon a lot too. I'm only on the second book, but I still love the series.
The Eragon series is really good. ;w;
Back to top Go down
o
Veteran Fantagian

Good Books? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Books?   Good Books? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 12:50 am

Well, the Percy Jackson series is funny, adventurous, and involves some romance as the series progresses. If you haven't read it already, I suggest you do. I've read the series and I loved it. The books are suitable for your age, as well.

Another book series that I've read and really enjoyed is Lemony Snicket's "A Series of Unfortunate Events" series. Lemony Snicket's writing style is funny, clever, and filled with personality. I personally think that his writing style is what makes the books so entertaining
The storyline isn't a really "happy" storyline, but the books are nonetheless worth reading. And they have no language, I believe. (Though it's been a long since I last read these books)

Those two book series are my personal all-time favorites. If you haven't already read them, read them. I bet you'll love them as much as I do.
Back to top Go down
Silver
Veteran Fantagian
Silver

Good Books? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Books?   Good Books? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 9:18 am

I would read the spiderwick cronicles they are a pretty good series they are a fairy tale series about magical creatures and stuff maybe you would like those if you never read them Smile
Back to top Go down
Owl
Loyal Fantagian
Owl

Good Books? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Books?   Good Books? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 11:34 am

The GONE series by Michael Grant. The plot is that in an area of California, a dome forms. All the adults and people over 14 disappear. The kids left inside start developing supernatural powers and the animals mutate. It's a bit violent and gets darker as the series progresses but they're a m a z i n g. It has a bit of everything: action, mystery, romance etc. All the while remaining realistic. It's a great dystopian novel.
Read it.
Back to top Go down
http://fudgyswirl.wordpress.com
69hot_wangs69
Dedicated Fantagian
69hot_wangs69

Good Books? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Books?   Good Books? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 6:21 pm

Hop wrote:
Another book series that I've read and really enjoyed is Lemony Snicket's "A Series of Unfortunate Events" series. Lemony Snicket's writing style is funny, clever, and filled with personality. I personally think that his writing style is what makes the books so entertaining
The storyline isn't a really "happy" storyline, but the books are nonetheless worth reading. And they have no language, I believe. (Though it's been a long since I last read these books).

Yes.

I read this when I was 10 and its still my favorite series ever.
Back to top Go down
Rufistar
Veteran Fantagian

Good Books? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Books?   Good Books? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 6:34 pm

You just NEED to read the Septimus Heap series! "Magyk" is the first book. There are six books in the series, and Angie Sage is writing the last one. I really hope you read it. They're considering the idea of making a movie out of it. I read all six, but the last book is the best.

Another good one is the Warrior cat series. I stopped reading it because I was kinda busy and forgot what happened. But it is really good, too (although not as good as septimus heap haha). I ordered the first book at the library again, should come soon.

Inkheart, peter and the starcatchers (I think it kinda explains Peter Pan, like how he can fly), cryptid hunters, ella enchanted, and nicholas (the one about the french schoolboy) are all great too. Or if you're looking for comics, bone is the answer.

Now let me give you a tip on the two series above. Do NOT read ahead or read any book before the first. It will mess it up.
Back to top Go down
mich
Hero Fantagian
mich

Good Books? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Books?   Good Books? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 6:47 pm

-Spiderwick Chronicles
-A Series of Unfortunate Events
-Harry Potter
And you should read Inkheart and Un Lun Dun!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0Kgf0BgKg7C2RWe4LhEURA
jaced123
New Fantagian

Good Books? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Books?   Good Books? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 7:37 pm

A really good book is Double Identity, the author has really good books. I am reading this book right now infact!
Back to top Go down
foreveran
Veteran Fantagian
foreveran

Good Books? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Books?   Good Books? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 4:20 am

Anything by John Green <3
specifically looking for alaska and/or the fault in our stars
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/foreveran27?feature=mhum
IM MELODY'S HACKER!!!!
Featured User

Good Books? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Books?   Good Books? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 4:52 am

I like Divergent //shut up
& the hunt is pretty good. Seems like a mix of hg and I am Number Four.

& the gone series// how can I forget. Best series ever.
Back to top Go down
foreveran
Veteran Fantagian
foreveran

Good Books? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Books?   Good Books? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 5:02 am

oh also the Land of stories by Chris Colfer
its a fairy tale book adventure that follow twins Cooner and Alex as they go through a fairytale book and meet all the fairytale people they have read about in their child hood (snow white, Cinderella, Rapunzel)
I was amazing! Chris Colfer is multitalented
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/foreveran27?feature=mhum
Hibiki Kuze
Passionate Fantagian
Hibiki Kuze

Good Books? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Books?   Good Books? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 8:38 am

Warrior Cats is a great series of books!!! =3
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com
Sponsored content

Good Books? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Books?   Good Books? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good Books?
Page 1 of 1