Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.
Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.

Fantage Cheats, Secrets, Glitches, Info & Help.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

I am getting a Vaccine monday and im scared!

Go down 
+10
Daisy
SilverBell
IM MELODY'S HACKER!!!!
Squirtle
Lord Voldemort
Abstract
Harry
MsJoyMaeda
Flynn
Mr.Noah
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr.Noah
Expert Fantagian
Mr.Noah

I am getting a Vaccine monday and im scared! Empty
PostSubject: I am getting a Vaccine monday and im scared!   I am getting a Vaccine monday and im scared! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 2:25 pm

Okay,so on the first day of school my teacher Ms.Herrman handed out papers for the kids who didn't get the vaccine TDAP something like that.I got a paper and I was so scared.So today a few weeks from that day my mom told me that I am getting my shot on Monday.That was also the day of where me and my best friend were suppose to hang out and ill go to his house to play.I am really scared because I don't take these kind of things lightly.Last time the doctor put on Justin Bieber to make me stop crying and it actually worked.But I haven't gotten a shot in a LONG time since like last year.So , any suggestions.I don't wanna hurt the doctor.Me and my feet have a great way of connecting so if I don't want a shot I DON'T want a shot.If your wondering why im saying that its because one time when I was younger I needed to go to this doctor appointment and it turned out I needed a shot.So I sat down like a good girl and just watched the doctor lean closely to me . I JUST LOST IT AND WENT PHYSCO I was kicking my feet everywhere running around crying screaming kicking and everything when they picked me up and put me on the counter I kicked the doctor in the face.She gave up and said ''I can't give her the shot if she keeps kicking and moving'' So finally they put the shot on my finger and I felt embarassed.I was making all the fuss for just a finger shot.But when it comes to the arm.I get scared.They told me to close my eyes and imagine I am in a meadow with flowers which obviously didn't work so,I have a phobia of shots.HELP!
Back to top Go down
Flynn
Legendary Fantagian
Flynn

PostSubject: Re: I am getting a Vaccine monday and im scared!   I am getting a Vaccine monday and im scared! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 2:33 pm

Just. Calm. Down. It doesn't hurt that much, and stiller you are, the less it will hurt. Also, don't kick your doctor. Think, a little pain now is nothing in comparison to getting a terrible disease/infection and dying a slow, painful death.
Back to top Go down
MsJoyMaeda
Hero Fantagian
MsJoyMaeda

PostSubject: Re: I am getting a Vaccine monday and im scared!   I am getting a Vaccine monday and im scared! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 2:35 pm

This may sound weird,I actually don't mind getting shots in my arm. But if they are in the butt, I'll be like- "That's it, I'm outta here". When they put the shot in my arm, it only stings. Then they put a band-aid where they put the shot. When my brother got his shot, the doctor told him to say "Chesterfield" xD. Well, he's 9! (Alright Heather, enough rambling!)

When I was little, what I would do is stare up at the ceiling and "count" whatever is on the ceiling xD. There is usually little black dots on the ceiling, so I would count those.
Back to top Go down
Harry
Ultimate Fantagian
Harry

PostSubject: Re: I am getting a Vaccine monday and im scared!   I am getting a Vaccine monday and im scared! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 2:51 pm

I used to be afraid of shots. One way I got over it was thinking about something I liked. Then I thought of that repaetedly while playing my favorite song in my head. Then I'd close my eyes. Whenever I do that, I don't even feel the needle. I hope this helped ♥
Back to top Go down
Abstract
Veteran Fantagian
Abstract

PostSubject: Re: I am getting a Vaccine monday and im scared!   I am getting a Vaccine monday and im scared! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 2:53 pm

I have never gotten a vaccine before, but it seems like any other shot to me. I'd just relax, it'll go quicker than anything.
Back to top Go down
Lord Voldemort
Veteran Fantagian
Lord Voldemort

PostSubject: Re: I am getting a Vaccine monday and im scared!   I am getting a Vaccine monday and im scared! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 3:18 pm

Calm.Yourself.Down
Now that you've finished, think about what's possible if you don't get the shot.
Now that you've been productive, appreciate that you're healthy and think to yourself, what has happened throughout the years to stop me from becoming sick? After that, you will be more calm and want to get the needle for your health's sake. You know that it doesn't hurt so there's nothing to worry about there. If you're really concerned, ask the doctor if he can put some numbing cream on it so you don't feel anything. If all else fails bring in your iPod and listen to it or go to the dollar store and get one of those portable radios, and tune it to you favorite station, and listen to that and try to focus on what the singer was trying to say, and how much effort it took to make this song WHILE you're getting the shot.. All of a sudden you'll feel a tap on your shoulder and the doctor will tell you that you're done.

Problem Completed. (if you read this all put "in response to this" at the beginning of your next answer of appreciation)
Back to top Go down
Squirtle
Ultimate Fantagian
Squirtle

PostSubject: Re: I am getting a Vaccine monday and im scared!   I am getting a Vaccine monday and im scared! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 3:44 pm

i think you should think of something funny or your fave song. also, remember it will only hurt for a second.

off topic: when i clicked this topic, i thought that it said "I am getting a Vampire on monday and im scared!" lol i read bad
Back to top Go down
http://nerurumi.deviantart.com/
IM MELODY'S HACKER!!!!
Featured User

PostSubject: Re: I am getting a Vaccine monday and im scared!   I am getting a Vaccine monday and im scared! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 9:11 pm

To be honest, I hate vaccines too. But you know they are good for your health. Look away from the needle, that's what I do, seems to take my concentration from the vaccination away.
Back to top Go down
SilverBell
Veteran Fantagian
SilverBell

Location : A room in a house in a city in a county in a state in a country in a continent in a planet in a solar system in a galaxy in a universe

PostSubject: Re: I am getting a Vaccine monday and im scared!   I am getting a Vaccine monday and im scared! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 9:18 pm

I would be terrified too. When I got a shot, the doctor talked to me about what I liked and it was great. But then, I haven't cried over shots for 7 years.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sweetdessert.niceboard.com
Daisy
Veteran Fantagian
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: I am getting a Vaccine monday and im scared!   I am getting a Vaccine monday and im scared! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 12:15 am

Just clam dude it wont hurt its just like when an red ant bite you. :>
Back to top Go down
Mace
Administrator
Administrator
Mace

PostSubject: Re: I am getting a Vaccine monday and im scared!   I am getting a Vaccine monday and im scared! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 7:29 am

Vaccines are no different than any other shot you'll get.

Here is how I, and many others, have gotten through shots as kids (and even now, I had one last week!)

You need to be relaxed. If it's in the arm, then you need to not move that arm, and just let it be "limp" on the side / resting on a table. If you move your arm or make it tense, the shot will hurt a lot more because a lot more blood will be flowing through the veins where the shot needs to go.

Close your eyes. If you don't know when it's going to happen, it's a lot better. It'll be like if you close your eyes and someone rips a bandaid off you, except not as painful. The shot'll take 1-3 seconds and it'll be over before you know it. Just keep your eyes closed and count down from 75. You won't get too far.

I had 4 shots in one day, 2 in each arm back in like 7th grade. It wasn't fun, but they didn't really hurt because of the tactics above.
Back to top Go down
http://fantagegeek.com
one direction!!!!
New Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: I am getting a Vaccine monday and im scared!   I am getting a Vaccine monday and im scared! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 8:22 am

yeah what i usually do when i get a vaccine is i hold my breath and wait for it to get over with
Back to top Go down
emiko
Veteran Fantagian
emiko

PostSubject: Re: I am getting a Vaccine monday and im scared!   I am getting a Vaccine monday and im scared! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 8:26 am

A shot? Its really nothing, dont worry. Hold your breath and close your eyes, and wait for the shot to be over.
Back to top Go down
Relora
Hero Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: I am getting a Vaccine monday and im scared!   I am getting a Vaccine monday and im scared! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 8:35 am

Stay relaxed and don't watch. That's what help me. Also when I got a shot (after like 7 years since the last one) I was pretty scared too. If it helps have a friend hold your hand :3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I am getting a Vaccine monday and im scared!   I am getting a Vaccine monday and im scared! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 8:38 am

Don't worry, it will be over on a second. Its going to be quick.
Shots don't hurt, ear piercing does!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I am getting a Vaccine monday and im scared!   I am getting a Vaccine monday and im scared! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I am getting a Vaccine monday and im scared!
Page 1 of 1