Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.
Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.

Fantage Cheats, Secrets, Glitches, Info & Help.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

My opinion. [ Mace Please Read ]

Go down 
+19
Bloobu
bluesea
ballet4ever
Jake12
Oliver
Kandi
Valval
Lieah
Jian
Bluerivers1
Vatt
Sakura
KKII
pinkys
S
Lorena
pokeranger
Trash
heartsNARIA
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
heartsNARIA
Regular Fantagian
heartsNARIA

My opinion. [ Mace Please Read ] Empty
PostSubject: My opinion. [ Mace Please Read ]   My opinion. [ Mace Please Read ] Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 3:50 pm

Hello Everyone,
I just wanted to state my opinion on some of the rules here. Please Mace Before Banning Me, Deleting this topic or whatever you may do from reading just a bit of this read it all. Because i think it needs to be addressed so please read it all before deleting it or locking it, Or whatever! Thank you.

Okay, So i find some of the rules extremely idiotic/Silly/ You can't make a user not be able to do that because well, It's just not fair or you really shouldn't care about it. So i decided i am going to address these things and tell you [ Basically just talking to Mace here everyone ] Some things about why these rules are idiotic.

Mace wrote:
Personal Information
Please do not post your full name, address, phone number, etc on the Fantage Forum. We try to keep the forums safe for all users.

You know this is nice, That you want to keep everyone safe but, You really shouldn't care about this. If someone wants to tell everyone on the forum there address then they have the right to do that, And should be allowed to. Sure by doing this they could get stalked or something but still. If they want to show a picture of themselves or something they should be allowed to, Sure the picture may get downloaded onto some perv's computer but that's there problem, Not yours. Full names? That's ridiculous! My full name is Arianna Lain Smith and i don't give a crap who knows it, There is nothing really unsafe about that, Honestly. I mean i like this as far as Advice for the users but at the same time it shouldn't really be a rule. Most people know better than to give out information like that but if they in fact want to give out information like that they should be allowed.

Mace wrote:
Spam
We do not allow spam here. SPAM stands for Stupid Pointless Annoying Messages. Spamming is anything thats pointless or off-topic, such as one or two word posts. We also do not allow bumping, which is posting in a topic thats really old. Spamming will get you banned.
Mace wrote:
] Hey Fantagians.

I am sorry, but I am done with Posting Games.

They are pretty much spam, and most people use them to gain posts! There is about 4,500 more posts in Posting Games then any other section! The Fantage section should be the most popular, as this forum is based on Fantage.

I am sorry, but I will be taking out Posting Games. This is why I didn't have them on Fantage Fansite.

On a good note, instead of Posting Games I will be giving you guys more things to do around the forum such as membership contests, scavenger hunts, and alot more fashion shows and parties will be coming.

I had a long thought on this decision, it was a tough one.

There will also be a Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday or Sunday.

Thanks for understanding,
-Mace.

I agree Spam is bad and shouldn't be allowed. But i find it idiotic that you locked the posting games for it was 'Spam' It is not spam. It isn't! Okay obviously you don't know the first thing about spam if you think posting games are spam. on other forums they don't even count THIS as spam.

Topic Called: I found it
Post says: It was in the bathroom.
Topic Called: Weee!
Post Says: Im super duper booorreeed!

I have seen a few forums with posts like that and it is not considered spam. So the posting games should be unlocked for they are NOT spam. You said Spam is stupid pointless annoying messages. Well posting games aren't stupid nor annoying. Sure they may seem pointless but they aren't the other things so it's not spam. Thus they should be unlocked. Sure people gain them to gain posts but does that actually matter the purpose? Some people use them [ Like myself ] BECAUSE THEY ENJOY THEM! On a good note you will be giving us more stuff to do around the forum? NOTHING makes up for posting games mace NOTHING.

Mace wrote:
Advertising
You only can advertise in your signature. This means no Private Messaging links, or posting links, or chatting links in the chatbox. This is a serious rule, and will be taken seriously.

The only reason you in-force this rule is because your afraid that you are going to lose members to other forums if you allow them to advertise. I agree they shouldn't be allowed to advertise like crazy, But they should be able to advertise. What if a friend wanted another friend to know about an anime forum, Or a video game forum or something that person liked so they linked it to them through the chat and got banned? That is retarded. Private messaging it? You honestly go this far to keep people from joining other websites? Dude! If people truly like this website they won't leave em just cause they found another website they like. You honestly need to cut this rule.

Donut wrote:
For Now On, Swear Word Abbreviations Such As 'WTF' And 'LMAO' Will Not Be Aloud. It Still Counts As Swearing So Make Sure Not To Break This Rule.

Also, Thank Mace For Adding Me To The Fantage Forum Moderator Team! I Will Do My Best As A Moderator!

They should be allowed. A LOT of people that don't cuss use the abbreviations. At least there not actually saying 'FU**' I do cuss sometimes and im not afraid to admit that, But no i don't cuss on this forum since it's not aloud. But LMAO and WTF should be allowed. Or LMFAO, ext ext. You know why? Because a lot of people use those that wouldn't dare actually let a cuss word escape from there mouth. Okay? So seriously this is just gay. Like 'Wtf' To this rule.

2008Sarah wrote:
"Gay" isn't allowed on this forum. Its the stupidest thing ever.

Mace you are, Oh yes Gay for making Gay not allowed. First off did you realize gay means Happy not homosexual? And Even if people are using it for the term of being a Homo what's the big deal of saying 'That's Gay' Or 'You are so gay' That's right NOTHING is wrong with that. A lot of people use the term and it is fine really. Most people don't mean it literally, If someone says 'Your Gay' They usually don't mean it as in 'You are a homosexual' But they mean it as in 'You are stupid' Or 'That's Gay' would be 'That's stupid' Ext Ext. People just like to use that term. It is a growing popular term that should be allowed to be used.

That is all i have to say, I hope you read this Mace and truly do let it sink into your mind and take action in this. Because really this needs to be taken care of. Fine you can ban me, Delete this subject WHATEVER but i hope you know that i am not afraid of getting banned, So don't think you can use banning me against me. Anyways i just hope you take some action of this stuff.

~Hearts

Last edited by heartsNARIA on Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Haruhisuzumiyaftw
Trash
Loyal Fantagian
Trash

PostSubject: Re: My opinion. [ Mace Please Read ]   My opinion. [ Mace Please Read ] Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 3:55 pm

I do think we could say our names and all, and use abbreviations. I don't think that we should give our adress though, even if noone really cares. I do think pictures should be aloud (like mine) because HELLO, you'd rather see tons of pictures of a person that think they are online predators?! And yes, I agree with you on most your points. The games should be alloud. I think mace would lose more members by taking out the games then advertizing. And, if he lets us advertize in our signatures, why not orally? Like, in the chat? Puh-lease.

[Hey hearts, your name is Arianna and mine is Ariana!]

Last edited by Anaira on Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
heartsNARIA
Regular Fantagian
heartsNARIA

PostSubject: Re: My opinion. [ Mace Please Read ]   My opinion. [ Mace Please Read ] Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 3:57 pm

Anaira wrote:
I do think we could say our names and all, and use abbreviations. I don't think that we should give our adress though, even if noone really cares. I do think pictures should be aloud (like mine) because HELLO, you'd rather see tons of pictures of a person that think they are online predators?! And yes, I agree with you on most your points.

I was just stating that from the fact that it kinda annoys me. I know we shouldn't be allowed to, I mean if i gave out mine my mom would be ticked. I was just saying that Mace really can't tell people not to give out there own information because it's theres not his so if they want to give it out then they should be allowed to, Though it's very dangerous.

I am glad you took your time to read this,
Thank you.
Back to top Go down
pokeranger
Hero Fantagian
pokeranger

PostSubject: Re: My opinion. [ Mace Please Read ]   My opinion. [ Mace Please Read ] Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 3:58 pm

I actually agree on the advertising part. You just don't really want to lose members
Back to top Go down
Lorena
Devoted Fantagian
Lorena

PostSubject: Re: My opinion. [ Mace Please Read ]   My opinion. [ Mace Please Read ] Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 4:00 pm

Yepp I agree with, anaira. By the matter of a fact, I might use my pic as an avvy. jkjk<Well, maybe soon
Back to top Go down
S
Dedicated Fantagian
S

PostSubject: Re: My opinion. [ Mace Please Read ]   My opinion. [ Mace Please Read ] Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 4:02 pm

I agree completely with this, oh you might want to add on, "Gay" isn't allowed on this forum. Its the stupidest thing ever. I enjoyed your post....
Back to top Go down
Lorena
Devoted Fantagian
Lorena

PostSubject: Re: My opinion. [ Mace Please Read ]   My opinion. [ Mace Please Read ] Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 4:04 pm

2008sarah wrote:
I agree completely with this, oh you might want to add on, "Gay" isn't allowed on this forum. Its the stupidest thing ever. I enjoyed your post....

I also belive "gay" should be allowed.
Back to top Go down
heartsNARIA
Regular Fantagian
heartsNARIA

PostSubject: Re: My opinion. [ Mace Please Read ]   My opinion. [ Mace Please Read ] Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 4:08 pm

Thank you all for reading this and giving me your feedback on it. Wow, Did you just said 'Gay' Isn't allowed? That is so, Well Gay! I will be editing the post and putting that in.

Thank you Everyone

~Hearts
Back to top Go down
Trash
Loyal Fantagian
Trash

PostSubject: Re: My opinion. [ Mace Please Read ]   My opinion. [ Mace Please Read ] Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 4:12 pm

You see? Everyone agrees...I bet those who don't is because they dont want to risk getting banned...
Back to top Go down
pinkys
Loyal Fantagian
pinkys

PostSubject: Re: My opinion. [ Mace Please Read ]   My opinion. [ Mace Please Read ] Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 4:14 pm

I definetly agree with a lot of the points!
Back to top Go down
KKII
Regular Fantagian
KKII

PostSubject: Re: My opinion. [ Mace Please Read ]   My opinion. [ Mace Please Read ] Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 4:17 pm

Positively agree!
Back to top Go down
Sakura
Devoted Fantagian
Sakura

PostSubject: Re: My opinion. [ Mace Please Read ]   My opinion. [ Mace Please Read ] Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 4:55 pm

I'm not against you or anything but...

1. Personal information.
Mace is just trying to keep you all safe. Addresses, full names, it's all typical internet common sense. My parents tell me not to post that information. I can understand why. But go ahead, tell your besties. This forum isn't facebook, myspace, etc. We can all be friends without knowing eachothers' phone numbers.

2. Posting games/Spam
Okay, I liked the posting games. But it was annoying when that was all everyone did on this forum. Mace wants us to actually talk to eachother and talk like we're educated. A forum with posts going "1" "2" "3" "0" "Oh you're a mean mod, we were almost there!" isn't going to be very successful. And spam, its just annoying. Posts going "weeeeeeee" aren't meant for forums. Go tweet it or something. The rest of us don't care.

3. Bad words
Go ahead and type it. It doesn't make you cool. It's just more user friendly. Yea. I'm 13, and I see and hear swearing everywhere I go. It's annoying. It's stupid. I've never sworn at anyone in my life. You might've but don't ruin it for kids who hate that type of behavior.

4. "That's Gay"
Ok. It's a phrase lots of people use. You might just think that Mace is being overrated, but seriously. What if someone really was "gay"? It's offensive! It's like saying "That's retarded." And a "retarded" person was there. It's really mean and I hate it when people use those phrases. Ok, Hearts, your name is Arianna. If someone used that in the context of "That's Gay" how would you feel. "Oh this rule is soooo Arianna"

Ok, I might seem like a troll here, and I'm sorry if I sound harsh, but seriously. I've been on this forum for quite a while and I'm sick of the complaining. If you don't like his rules, get your own freaking forum.
Now, go and hate on me. Swear at me. Call me "gay". I don't care.
Back to top Go down
Trash
Loyal Fantagian
Trash

PostSubject: Re: My opinion. [ Mace Please Read ]   My opinion. [ Mace Please Read ] Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 5:03 pm

Sakura wrote:
I'm not against you or anything but...

1. Personal information.
Mace is just trying to keep you all safe. Addresses, full names, it's all typical internet common sense. My parents tell me not to post that information. I can understand why. But go ahead, tell your besties. This forum isn't facebook, myspace, etc. We can all be friends without knowing eachothers' phone numbers.

2. Posting games/Spam
Okay, I liked the posting games. But it was annoying when that was all everyone did on this forum. Mace wants us to actually talk to eachother and talk like we're educated. A forum with posts going "1" "2" "3" "0" "Oh you're a mean mod, we were almost there!" isn't going to be very successful. And spam, its just annoying. Posts going "weeeeeeee" aren't meant for forums. Go tweet it or something. The rest of us don't care.

3. Bad words
Go ahead and type it. It doesn't make you cool. It's just more user friendly. Yea. I'm 13, and I see and hear swearing everywhere I go. It's annoying. It's stupid. I've never sworn at anyone in my life. You might've but don't ruin it for kids who hate that type of behavior.

4. "That's Gay"
Ok. It's a phrase lots of people use. You might just think that Mace is being overrated, but seriously. What if someone really was "gay"? It's offensive! It's like saying "That's retarded." And a "retarded" person was there. It's really mean and I hate it when people use those phrases. Ok, Hearts, your name is Arianna. If someone used that in the context of "That's Gay" how would you feel. "Oh this rule is soooo Arianna"

Ok, I might seem like a troll here, and I'm sorry if I sound harsh, but seriously. I've been on this forum for quite a while and I'm sick of the complaining. If you don't like his rules, get your own freaking forum.
Now, go and hate on me. Swear at me. Call me "gay". I don't care.

You do make a sensible point...
Back to top Go down
Vatt
Senior Fantagian
Vatt

PostSubject: Re: My opinion. [ Mace Please Read ]   My opinion. [ Mace Please Read ] Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 5:53 pm

Omg, Hearts, i totaly agree with alot of things that you said.... but we shouldnt post like our names or addresses unless we trust the person or ppl very very muchh. The abbraivations should be allowed..cause not all of us are little kids. and i really really REALLY want the games to come backk, like very bad.. cause i joined after they were closed... and i was like.. depressed, lol, jk.. but i wanted to play them alot.. and I would like to tell people to.. GO TO MY SITE .. very very much..... i wish that wasnt a rule to not be able to do that... cause some ppl want ppl to come to their site so they can get some veiws so they can become like Frosty or sammer100 or Canada, or Wind+Slippy.... I dont think Gay should really be on it.. cause of the littler kids... cause u dont want any of them to repeat that in school and get in trouble and all.... I hope me saying this dosnt get me baned 0.0

You have made alot of good points Heart... and I respect you for standing up for ur... uhhh... "Civil rights" and i think admendment number.. uhh. 2? "Freedom of speech and press"

OoOoO~Vatt~OoOoO
Back to top Go down
Bluerivers1
Senior Fantagian
Bluerivers1

PostSubject: Re: My opinion. [ Mace Please Read ]   My opinion. [ Mace Please Read ] Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 5:55 pm

I agree with hearts, especially advertising :/ I can't even post my own xat here...
Back to top Go down
Jian
Dedicated Fantagian
Jian

PostSubject: Re: My opinion. [ Mace Please Read ]   My opinion. [ Mace Please Read ] Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 6:32 pm

i agree with hearts , but i hope this doesn't get me banned

Click the eggs or else

My opinion. [ Mace Please Read ] LZrQMy opinion. [ Mace Please Read ] PbJTMy opinion. [ Mace Please Read ] NXlRMy opinion. [ Mace Please Read ] PL8S

My opinion. [ Mace Please Read ] Lololo10
should i make a animation instead of this?
Back to top Go down
Lieah
Featured User
Lieah

PostSubject: Re: My opinion. [ Mace Please Read ]   My opinion. [ Mace Please Read ] Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 6:36 pm

WOW! hearts you got a serious point on this your right on this stuff...
Back to top Go down
Bluerivers1
Senior Fantagian
Bluerivers1

PostSubject: Re: My opinion. [ Mace Please Read ]   My opinion. [ Mace Please Read ] Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 6:57 pm

I honestly think basically this forum is a endless pit of fighting nowadays. It's gotta be constant nasty words or gossip in PM's. And not to say I don't like gossip but come on.

2008sarah(Sari) said that Hearts was right about the advertising, most of all...
Back to top Go down
Valval
Loyal Fantagian
Valval

PostSubject: Re: My opinion. [ Mace Please Read ]   My opinion. [ Mace Please Read ] Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 7:06 pm

I don't think they should have a ''multiple account'' rule. Why? Because we need more users! No offense. This is my opinion.
Back to top Go down
http://xat.com/theanimalcrossingfangroup
pokeranger
Hero Fantagian
pokeranger

PostSubject: Re: My opinion. [ Mace Please Read ]   My opinion. [ Mace Please Read ] Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 8:48 pm

Vallie wrote:
I don't think they should have a ''multiple account'' rule. Why? Because we need more users! No offense. This is my opinion.
I still think the multiple account rule is good. Having one account will be simpler
Back to top Go down
Kandi
Passionate Fantagian
Kandi

PostSubject: Re: My opinion. [ Mace Please Read ]   My opinion. [ Mace Please Read ] Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 9:52 pm

The thing about using the word gay is that people use it the wrong way. If everyone used it the same way they did 200-300 years ago, then it would probably be perfectly fine to throw around. Gay is slang for homosexual, which is used for something stupid. This is like using the word retard or other variations of words that I can't post on this forum. Anyways a lot of people on this forum, believe it or not, can be keeping that to themselves that it hurts them in a way. (Please do not accuse me of trying to point anyone out here.)

The advertising rule is a bit strict, though. People shouldn't be allowed to make topics about it, but if someone wants to post a link to something on a chat every once in a while, it's not that bad, is it? I've noticed how it's a burden to some people on the forum. PMing should be fine, in my own opinion, if someone asks for the link.
Back to top Go down
Valval
Loyal Fantagian
Valval

PostSubject: Re: My opinion. [ Mace Please Read ]   My opinion. [ Mace Please Read ] Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 10:05 pm

You can say the word ''retarded'' in many ways. But, you should say it the right way. If someone says ''Hey dude look at those mentally retarded kids!'' That's the RIGHT way. If you see them in a wheelchair or something, if you say they're retarded, you should say that they are mentally retarded. Bad way is that if someone says ''You're menatally retarded! Hahahahahaha'' and nothing's wrong with you, well, he/she doesn't even know what the word means. You can say retarded in diff. ways but you have to watch what you'll say before you say it.

People say that retarded is a bad word, but it isn't. It is if you are calling someone that if he/she doesn't have problems.

But I seriously don't get the ''swear word abbreveations'' rule. It's not like we are saying the cuss word. WTF can mean lots of things.. like ''WHAT THE FUDGE'' my mom would say if she got upset or mad. xD

Bumping? Seriously? If there's a topic that was from March 8, 2010, and it's June 9th right now, can't you post? I really don't get it. Replying in topics gains posts. So idk why you can't bump... I really think you should take the ''bumping'' rule off... Because that rule seems pretty stupid.. I will probably get banned but its my opinion. I hope hope hope, you use my suggestions.

Last edited by Vallie on Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Trash
Loyal Fantagian
Trash

PostSubject: Re: My opinion. [ Mace Please Read ]   My opinion. [ Mace Please Read ] Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 10:09 pm

Vallie wrote:
You can say the word ''retarded'' in many ways. But, you should say it the right way. If someone says ''Hey dude look at those mentally retarded kids!'' That's the RIGHT way. If you see them in a wheelchair or something, if you say they're retarded, you should say that they are mentally retarded. Bad way is that if someone says ''You're menatally retarded! Hahahahahaha'' and nothing's wrong with you, well, he/she doesn't even know what the word means. You can say retarded in diff. ways but you have to watch what you'll say before you say it.

You do know youre making no sense right...
Even if the person is retarded physically or mentally, you shouldn't say it.
And, you just cant go looking at everyone and say they are retarded mentally, because it can also be physically and such.
Back to top Go down
Valval
Loyal Fantagian
Valval

PostSubject: Re: My opinion. [ Mace Please Read ]   My opinion. [ Mace Please Read ] Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 10:16 pm

Anaira wrote:
Vallie wrote:

You do know youre making no sense right...
Even if the person is retarded physically or mentally, you shouldn't say it.
And, you just cant go looking at everyone and say they are retarded mentally, because it can also be physically and such.

Well, I edited my post. And yeah you are right, you shouldn't even be looking at them in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Kandi
Passionate Fantagian
Kandi

PostSubject: Re: My opinion. [ Mace Please Read ]   My opinion. [ Mace Please Read ] Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 10:23 pm

Vallie wrote:

Yeah, but we need actual people. Not copies. Actual active new users. You don't need more than one account anyways. If you have an issue with your account, you should contact Mace or something. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My opinion. [ Mace Please Read ]   My opinion. [ Mace Please Read ] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My opinion. [ Mace Please Read ]
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next