Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.
Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.

Fantage Cheats, Secrets, Glitches, Info & Help.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Should We Get New Mods? *Argument,Agree or Disagree*

Go down 
+19
mangaka
Mystic
Reese
Lenka
len
Oliver
☆ Dreamlight ☆
Daisy
Snow
Silver
o
Rufistar
evan
flower
Flynn
MsJoyMaeda
Kennedy
Lord Voldemort
Harmony
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Flynn
Legendary Fantagian
Flynn

Should We Get New Mods? *Argument,Agree or Disagree* - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should We Get New Mods? *Argument,Agree or Disagree*   Should We Get New Mods? *Argument,Agree or Disagree* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 4:49 pm

Nupita wrote:

Maturity isn't all of being a moderator. Infact in shouldn't be.
Are you responsible to do the job? Thats the big question.

It's a pretty big chunk of it.

And I wasn't saying I thought I should get picked, I was simply listing some things I'd like to see in a moderator.
Back to top Go down
Rufistar
Veteran Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: Should We Get New Mods? *Argument,Agree or Disagree*   Should We Get New Mods? *Argument,Agree or Disagree* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 4:50 pm

It is true that when I think about some last year fifth grade moments I just want to facepalm. But really, we should just look at the specific person instead of just putting an age limit.
Back to top Go down
Harmony
Senior Fantagian
Harmony

Location : Sharks aren't the bad guys.If some stranger entered my house with just a speedo,I would probably attack him too!

PostSubject: Re: Should We Get New Mods? *Argument,Agree or Disagree*   Should We Get New Mods? *Argument,Agree or Disagree* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 4:51 pm

Luke Skywalker wrote:
Nupita wrote:

And I wasn't saying I thought I should get picked, I was simply listing some things I'd like to see in a moderator.

I think you should be a Mod.Your very mature for someone who just joined not long ago (:
Back to top Go down
Rufistar
Veteran Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: Should We Get New Mods? *Argument,Agree or Disagree*   Should We Get New Mods? *Argument,Agree or Disagree* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 4:57 pm

Marilyn Monroe wrote:
Luke Skywalker wrote:
Nupita wrote:

I think you should be a Mod.Your very mature for someone who just joined not long ago (:

Luke joined more than a year ago...

Back to top Go down
Lord Voldemort
Veteran Fantagian
Lord Voldemort

PostSubject: Re: Should We Get New Mods? *Argument,Agree or Disagree*   Should We Get New Mods? *Argument,Agree or Disagree* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 4:58 pm

If Mace, or any other administrators agree then we can use this application.

<link href='http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Megrim' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'><center><div style="width: 500px; font-family: megrim; font-size: 41px; color: #00A0B0; text-shadow: 2px 2px 1px #EDC951; margin-bottom: 10px;">MOD APPLICATION</div><div style="width:500px;height:10px;background-color:#3EEBDD;"></div>USERNAME:
FORUMS YOU HAVE BEEN A MODERATOR ON:
WHY DO YOU WANT TO BE A MODERATOR?
</div><div style="width:500px;height:10px;background-color:#3EEBDD;"></center>

It's CSS code so Mace would need to enable CSS along with BB.

It looks like this:
Should We Get New Mods? *Argument,Agree or Disagree* - Page 2 Modd_a10

Last edited by Joy on Tue May 14, 2013 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Harmony
Senior Fantagian
Harmony

Location : Sharks aren't the bad guys.If some stranger entered my house with just a speedo,I would probably attack him too!

PostSubject: Re: Should We Get New Mods? *Argument,Agree or Disagree*   Should We Get New Mods? *Argument,Agree or Disagree* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 4:58 pm

Rufistar wrote:
Marilyn Monroe wrote:
Luke Skywalker wrote:
Nupita wrote:

I think you should be a Mod.Your very mature for someone who joined 1 year ago (:

Luke joined more than a year ago...

Oh,I think I confused him from another user!Ops
Back to top Go down
o
Veteran Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: Should We Get New Mods? *Argument,Agree or Disagree*   Should We Get New Mods? *Argument,Agree or Disagree* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 5:11 pm

um to be honest i don't think we should do moderator applications. for one, people might lie on their applications about how qualified they really are (and don't jump at me, i know not everyone will!). plus, if we have like 15 different people apply and there are several good options but only 2 people get chosen, the ones who don't will be disappointed. it could lead to some unwanted conflict. besides, i don't really think applications are necessary in the first place; mace or abbey can just decide who they want to be a mod based on how they act all the time, and then pm the user like they have always done. modding applications work great for smaller groups and forums, but for a forum this big it would be pretty difficult!

and gosh thanks guys for recommending me i'm kind of surprised you thought of me as that mature. it makes me happy. Smile
Back to top Go down
Kennedy
Loyal Fantagian
Kennedy

PostSubject: Re: Should We Get New Mods? *Argument,Agree or Disagree*   Should We Get New Mods? *Argument,Agree or Disagree* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 5:18 pm

What this forum really needs is graphic designers.
Back to top Go down
http://Www.no.com
Lord Voldemort
Veteran Fantagian
Lord Voldemort

PostSubject: Re: Should We Get New Mods? *Argument,Agree or Disagree*   Should We Get New Mods? *Argument,Agree or Disagree* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 5:28 pm

We have Mace and the other Administrator for that. They know how to use CSS codes and everything else perfectly well. We don't need to take that away from them either.
Back to top Go down
Silver
Veteran Fantagian
Silver

PostSubject: Re: Should We Get New Mods? *Argument,Agree or Disagree*   Should We Get New Mods? *Argument,Agree or Disagree* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 5:40 pm

Land of forgotten

@hop yeah I agree with you! Some people will lie on the forum and say they are responsible and that will turn out horrible.

There are a lot of responsible people on this forum. Some who you don't even know, who are forgotten about. There are people who I could name right now who would be perfect but I'm not one for favorites. I say most of the active users are responsible enough. I know I wouldn't crack if I had to give a friend of mine an infraction partially because I deal with infractions every day. (my school has an infraction system like a forum) I am not trying to nominate myself in any way or kind.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should We Get New Mods? *Argument,Agree or Disagree*   Should We Get New Mods? *Argument,Agree or Disagree* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 7:08 pm

@Joy does it seriously need to be that fancy? I'm sure Mace could use a simpler one with more on it.

I think we should have some new mods. I think that they should be of any age, as long of their warning bar is good, they follow the rules, are mature, nice, and use the report button.
Back to top Go down
o
Veteran Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: Should We Get New Mods? *Argument,Agree or Disagree*   Should We Get New Mods? *Argument,Agree or Disagree* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 7:12 pm

Witch wrote:
@Joy does it seriously need to be that fancy? I'm sure Mace could use a simpler one with more on it.

I think we should have some new mods. I think that they should be of any age, as long of their warning bar is good, they follow the rules, are mature, nice, and use the report button.
i've broken the rules several times and never gotten an infraction, so a warning bar isn't the best thing to go off of.
Back to top Go down
Lord Voldemort
Veteran Fantagian
Lord Voldemort

PostSubject: Re: Should We Get New Mods? *Argument,Agree or Disagree*   Should We Get New Mods? *Argument,Agree or Disagree* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 7:14 pm

Everything else aside, this is a good idea. We should have 2-4 new moderators, it would be a great asset to this forum.

@Witch - My warning bar still says "banned" from a while ago. Warning bars have nothing to do with it.
Back to top Go down
Snow
Legendary Fantagian
Snow

PostSubject: Re: Should We Get New Mods? *Argument,Agree or Disagree*   Should We Get New Mods? *Argument,Agree or Disagree* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 7:18 pm

Witch wrote:

Yes, though some users still have a orange/yellow warning bar, but they haven't broken a rule in months..

( Some users still have bad warning bars from the times they have been immature and newer to the forum)

Back to top Go down
evan
Hero Fantagian
evan

PostSubject: Re: Should We Get New Mods? *Argument,Agree or Disagree*   Should We Get New Mods? *Argument,Agree or Disagree* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 7:19 pm

Misty wrote:
Witch wrote:

Yes, though some users still have a orange/yellow warning bar, but they haven't broken a rule in months..

( Some users still have bad warning bars from the times they have been immature and newer to the forum)

right
The last time I went down was March??? idk I think it was March.
Back to top Go down
Snow
Legendary Fantagian
Snow

PostSubject: Re: Should We Get New Mods? *Argument,Agree or Disagree*   Should We Get New Mods? *Argument,Agree or Disagree* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 7:20 pm

Madoka wrote:
Misty wrote:
Witch wrote:

right
The last time I went down was March??? idk I think it was March.

Last time I went down was in October LOL

These kind of warning bar stuff is what I mean.

( I think a few other users have the same thing)
Back to top Go down
Rufistar
Veteran Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: Should We Get New Mods? *Argument,Agree or Disagree*   Should We Get New Mods? *Argument,Agree or Disagree* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 7:29 pm

I've had orange for I don't know how long... 4 or 3 months? I've PM'd mods but it's still orange.

I think we can agree that warning bars are not a good thing to rely on when picking mods.

But we should choose the mods that are *everything witch said*.
Back to top Go down
Flynn
Legendary Fantagian
Flynn

PostSubject: Re: Should We Get New Mods? *Argument,Agree or Disagree*   Should We Get New Mods? *Argument,Agree or Disagree* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 5:37 am

hop wrote:
um to be honest i don't think we should do moderator applications. for one, people might lie on their applications about how qualified they really are (and don't jump at me, i know not everyone will!). plus, if we have like 15 different people apply and there are several good options but only 2 people get chosen, the ones who don't will be disappointed. it could lead to some unwanted conflict. besides, i don't really think applications are necessary in the first place; mace or abbey can just decide who they want to be a mod based on how they act all the time, and then pm the user like they have always done. modding applications work great for smaller groups and forums, but for a forum this big it would be pretty difficult!

and gosh thanks guys for recommending me i'm kind of surprised you thought of me as that mature. it makes me happy. Smile

This.

Also, frankly I think modding experience isn't a good thing to judge by.
Most of us have only moderated forums with 10-50 people at most. Here,
we're talking 6,862 people.

I'd say maturity and patience are more important.
Back to top Go down
Silver
Veteran Fantagian
Silver

PostSubject: Re: Should We Get New Mods? *Argument,Agree or Disagree*   Should We Get New Mods? *Argument,Agree or Disagree* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 6:39 am

Witch wrote:

I agree with you but on one thing. The moderators never told me how I got m bar to yellow... I frankly have no idea. In the past I don't remember breaking the rules... I think it matters how mature you are. Not just the age. I mean there is a downside to having younger mods, and older mods. Older mods usually have more school work, so they can't be on the forum that much. Younger modsonthe other hand usually are on more, but might not use their privilege right. It's a matter of how mature you are at your age. Also will you not crack if you have to give one of you friends an infraction. I had a dream about that I got an infraction at school omfg I was crying in my sleep.
Back to top Go down
Kennedy
Loyal Fantagian
Kennedy

PostSubject: Re: Should We Get New Mods? *Argument,Agree or Disagree*   Should We Get New Mods? *Argument,Agree or Disagree* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 6:42 am

@Joy

Did you steal that form from MusicJams because that's just really low..
Back to top Go down
http://Www.no.com
evan
Hero Fantagian
evan

PostSubject: Re: Should We Get New Mods? *Argument,Agree or Disagree*   Should We Get New Mods? *Argument,Agree or Disagree* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 6:59 am

Luke Skywalker wrote:
hop wrote:

This.

Also, frankly I think modding experience isn't a good thing to judge by.
Most of us have only moderated forums with 10-50 people at most. Here,
we're talking 6,862 people.

I'd say maturity and patience are more important.

Frankly the rule about being "13 or up" is a bit unfair. Ric started modding at age 10, Donut became a mod at 11, and Straw became a mod at 9. It shouldn't matter the age, it should matter what it says on your application, and how responsible you are. (I hope this is accurate, I looked at the former mod applications on here from 2010)

It shouldn't matter though, because you're basically doing the same type of modding on a 6000 member forum than on a 20 member forum.
All the mods are doing the same thing basically, so Moderator Experience is important.

i probably wouldn't be picked as a mod anyway:
1. A lot of people on here think i'm the most immature active user here
2. ^^^
3. ^^^
4. I'm not "13 or up" (Seriously how unfair is this rule)
Back to top Go down
Flynn
Legendary Fantagian
Flynn

PostSubject: Re: Should We Get New Mods? *Argument,Agree or Disagree*   Should We Get New Mods? *Argument,Agree or Disagree* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 7:10 am

Madoka wrote:

Frankly the rule about being "13 or up" is a bit unfair. Ric started modding at age 10, Donut became a mod at 11, and Straw became a mod at 9.It shouldn't matter the age, it should matter what it says on your application, and how responsible you are. (I hope this is accurate, I looked at the former mod applications on here from 2010)

It shouldn't matter though, because you're basically doing the same type of modding on a 6000 member forum than on a 20 member forum.
All the mods are doing the same thing basically, so Moderator Experience is important.

i probably wouldn't be picked as a mod anyway:
1. A lot of people on here think i'm the most immature active user here
2. ^^^
3. ^^^
4. I'm not "13 or up" (Seriously how unfair is this rule)

The problem with that is that anyone can say that they're mature, and heck, maybe they can even be mature, but the facts stands that older members are more mature. There's a reason that I can't drive a car. I might think I have the maturity level not to be tempted to speed or do something reckless and stupid, but the fact is I probably don't.

The same goes for letting little kids be moderators. They think they've seen it all because they've moderated a 20-member forum, but they honestly can't tell a troll from a hacker.
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Veteran Fantagian
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: Should We Get New Mods? *Argument,Agree or Disagree*   Should We Get New Mods? *Argument,Agree or Disagree* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 9:47 am

I go online here everyday. And sometimes me and mavtavish are only the ones online. And Maybe, That's why you guys didn't notice that some mods are online because we all have different time zones.
Back to top Go down
Flynn
Legendary Fantagian
Flynn

PostSubject: Re: Should We Get New Mods? *Argument,Agree or Disagree*   Should We Get New Mods? *Argument,Agree or Disagree* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 12:25 pm

Xerxes Break wrote:
I go online here everyday. And sometimes me and mavtavish are only the ones online. And Maybe, That's why you guys didn't notice that some mods are online because we all have different time zones.

I understand that, but MacTavish is only one moderator.

Abbey I think is on sometimes but not very often, Mace is never on, S quit and Makkine's been inactive.

I think we need at least 1 more.
Back to top Go down
☆ Dreamlight ☆
Senior Fantagian
☆ Dreamlight ☆

PostSubject: Re: Should We Get New Mods? *Argument,Agree or Disagree*   Should We Get New Mods? *Argument,Agree or Disagree* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 12:40 pm

I think we need 2 more! Most of the mods don't come on for a looong time; replace one of them? Im sorry mod(s) if you get replaced with another person!
Back to top Go down
http://www.not-a-real-website.om
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should We Get New Mods? *Argument,Agree or Disagree*   Should We Get New Mods? *Argument,Agree or Disagree* - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Should We Get New Mods? *Argument,Agree or Disagree*
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next