Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.
Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.

Fantage Cheats, Secrets, Glitches, Info & Help.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star...

Go down 
+14
YEEZUS
alex
Daisy
Squirtle
Vanilla bean frap
o
hikayamasan353
flandre
Miranda2
alison
Officer Number Two
Flynn
Wizzy
Rena
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rena
Regular Fantagian
Rena

I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star... Empty
PostSubject: I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star...   I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 10:01 pm

Today at school, my friend and I were talking and SHE TOLD ME SHE LEGITIMATELY WANTS TO BE A K-POP STAR.............. Suspect 

She has straight A's in school so she could have a future as a doctor or a lawyer or something else REALISTIC but noooooooooooooooooooooo. She wants to be a K-POP STAR.....

How do I stop her? I don't want her to make a huge mistake by trying to train under SMTown someday in the future.... pale
Back to top Go down
Wizzy
Loyal Fantagian
Wizzy

PostSubject: Re: I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star...   I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 10:09 pm

Honestly, if she wants to be a K-pop star, let her be a K-pop star. You can't stop her, its her body. Maybe you should ask your friend what her second choice is. Perhaps its something better.
Mind me, I'm just stating my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Rena
Regular Fantagian
Rena

PostSubject: Re: I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star...   I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 10:18 pm

Well, I'm trying to convince her to think about doing something else in the future because:
1. She isn't Korean
2. She doesn't know Korean
3. (I know this sounds mean but)...she doesn't look the part.

In SM, they only choose the people who have that certain kind of look they want + talent. They only want the people who look at least a little Korean or Chinese or Japanese.

Also, if you go into training under a company like SM and DON'T make it as a K-Pop star, you'll be stuck with a HUGE debt. They don't just train people for free there.

Last edited by CuteAngel on Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : new info)
Back to top Go down
Wizzy
Loyal Fantagian
Wizzy

PostSubject: Re: I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star...   I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 11:16 pm

CuteAngel wrote:
Well, I'm trying to convince her to think about doing something else in the future because:
1. She isn't Korean
2. She doesn't know Korean
3. (I know this sounds mean but)...she doesn't look the part.

In SM, they only choose the people who have that certain kind of look they want + talent. They only want the people who look at least a little Korean or Chinese or Japanese.

Also, if you go into training under a company like SM and DON'T make it as a K-Pop star, you'll be stuck with a HUGE debt. They don't just train people for free there.
Ohhhh now I understand..
Well, lets hope she changes her mind some day, or take classes.
Back to top Go down
Rena
Regular Fantagian
Rena

PostSubject: Re: I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star...   I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 12:24 am

Yeah, I hope that before we get out of highschool she changes her mind ;~;

We're in grade 10, so she has awhile to think about it...
Back to top Go down
Flynn
Legendary Fantagian
Flynn

PostSubject: Re: I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star...   I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 8:21 am

While it's not particularly likely that your friend will make a successful career as a K-pop star, there's nothing stopping her from trying. 

Maybe just explain to her it's not as easy as it looks, and let her make her own decision?

On the other hand I've been an amateur actor for most of my life and am trying to get a professional career in the trade, so I shouldn't be talking should I?

Last edited by Flynn on Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Officer Number Two
Loyal Fantagian
Officer Number Two

PostSubject: Re: I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star...   I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 10:57 am

If she wants to be a KPop star let her. Even though she might nkt be able to be one she can still be just a regular popstar i guess???

Well usually people want to do something in the bginning and end up doing something different in the end. So she might change her mind
Back to top Go down
alison
Regular Fantagian
alison

PostSubject: Re: I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star...   I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 2:21 pm

at least give her HOPE ok
Back to top Go down
Miranda2
Dedicated Fantagian
Miranda2

PostSubject: Re: I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star...   I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 3:15 pm

It will be hard to be one. She needs like a record label and stuff...
Back to top Go down
http://ladymirandam.tumblr.com/
flandre
Expert Fantagian
flandre

PostSubject: Re: I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star...   I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 3:50 pm

You shouldnt stop her, you should suport her to the end! (well um if you guys end up going to different schools and stuff ehh idk owo)
Back to top Go down
hikayamasan353
Senior Fantagian
hikayamasan353

Location : Ukraine, K***-ken, K***-shi, ***-ku, ***-chome, 2-3-1

PostSubject: Re: I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star...   I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 12:50 pm

"When you want to become someone, you're already someone".
I also had such a situation when wishing to be able to draw anime. They were saying that "you can't because you're not japanese and you're too young" etc... Anyways, stop stopping her! Every nation's pop culture influence doesn't make someone weird. Plus, K-POP was under huge influence of American pop music, that's why K-pop fans and J-pop fans argue <(,>.<,)> And 2NE1 reminds me Lady Gaga sometimes, especially their clip "I AM THE BEST".
행운을 빌어 요!
Back to top Go down
https://www.paigeeworld.com/u/hikayamasan353
Rena
Regular Fantagian
Rena

PostSubject: Re: I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star...   I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 6:50 pm

I never did say that my friend was weird. I actually LOVE korean music and korean drama so I really like people who do as as well. In fact, now we both plan on going in to audition for SM next year. I still need to practice A LOT more, though.
I fully support her decision. And, if she has to go through it by herself, then I'm going with her so she won't have to be isolated or shunned by the other trainees (if we get that far).
I was just really, extremely worried about how other people would treat her if she went to train under SM. I've been through bullying, harassment, etc to the point where I literally wanted to die, and I DO NOT want her to feel the same way.

Last edited by CuteAngel on Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot to add something)
Back to top Go down
hikayamasan353
Senior Fantagian
hikayamasan353

PostSubject: Re: I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star...   I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 6:10 am

That's very common issue that if a person loves something "exotic" or "luxury" he is to be suppressed. I also was thinking that if I will learn to draw manga, Japanese and all the world will be against me, protecting the Anime®.
Back to top Go down
o
Veteran Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star...   I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 9:16 pm

this thread is hilarious fantage forum user CuteAngel i love you
Back to top Go down
Vanilla bean frap
Junior Fantagian
Vanilla bean frap

PostSubject: Re: I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star...   I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 9:26 pm

wow if shes not korean she has lit. no right to be a kpop star... tell her to back out da asian culture -_-
Back to top Go down
hikayamasan353
Senior Fantagian
hikayamasan353

PostSubject: Re: I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star...   I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 3:57 am

Vanilla bean frap wrote:
wow if shes not korean she has lit. no right to be a kpop star... tell her to back out da asian culture -_-

I am not japanese and I draw anime... How come? Also, there is YOHIO, he's Swedish and sings in Japanese...
I think she just should learn a bit korean and power it up to enough level to write korean songs freely. When you speak Korean freely, Koreans will get in awe. But if she will be an ace in Korean, she'll have 100% right to be a pop star and have a success in Korea. Like the teacher of my friend said, "speaker doesn't praise the speaker".
Back to top Go down
Flynn
Legendary Fantagian
Flynn

PostSubject: Re: I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star...   I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 5:39 am

hikayamasan353 wrote:

I am not japanese and I draw anime... How come? Also, there is YOHIO, he's Swedish and sings in Japanese...
I think she just should learn a bit korean and power it up to enough level to write korean songs freely. When you speak Korean freely, Koreans will get in awe. But if she will be an ace in Korean, she'll have 100% right to be a pop star and have a success in Korea. Like the teacher of my friend said, "speaker doesn't praise the speaker".

It's really not that easy. I've been studying Japanese for over five years, and I'm still nowhere close to fluent. You can't just learn a language over the weekend.
Back to top Go down
Squirtle
Ultimate Fantagian
Squirtle

PostSubject: Re: I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star...   I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 6:40 am

Flynn wrote:
hikayamasan353 wrote:

It's really not that easy. I've been studying Japanese for over five years, and I'm still nowhere close to fluent. You can't just learn a language over the weekend.

It would take a long time, like you said, but she could learn some simple words. There are some online websites that work for free without downloading to help you learn any language. And some of them actually work. I used to use one (I forget the name of the website) to help me learn more simple Chinese words, and It works very well.
Back to top Go down
http://nerurumi.deviantart.com/
Flynn
Legendary Fantagian
Flynn

PostSubject: Re: I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star...   I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:07 am

Christmas Tree wrote:
It would take a long time, like you said, but she could learn some simple words. There are some online websites that work for free without downloading to help you learn any language. And some of them actually work. I used to use one (I forget the name of the website) to help me learn more simple Chinese words, and It works very well.

Maybe, but you can't write a song with just a few words.
Heck, I can't even write a song in English.
Back to top Go down
hikayamasan353
Senior Fantagian
hikayamasan353

PostSubject: Re: I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star...   I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 5:41 pm

I know just few words aren't enough, but I am talking about actual learning using Internet, not attending a class.

ところで、あなたたちは僕は日本語がインターネットで勉強した、知らないのは?
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Veteran Fantagian
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star...   I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 25, 2013 2:16 am

It's really okay if she wants to become a kpop star. And honestly, I also wanted to become a kpop star. <: And also, Even thought she is not a kpop star, she could be one. Just like the program, Kpop Star Hunt 3. All of them are not korean. But, they are Asians (So do I) And also, is your friend an asian? If she's an asian then there is a possibility that her dreams might come true. And also, I love the group F(x) and did you know, Their leader isn't a Korean. ^-^
Back to top Go down
Rena
Regular Fantagian
Rena

PostSubject: Re: I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star...   I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 6:49 pm

She's Filipino like me.
Some Filipinos don't really look Asian though... Like me and her.
She has very tanned skin, like most Filipinos.

Last edited by CuteAngel on Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot to add something)
Back to top Go down
alex
alex

PostSubject: Re: I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star...   I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 12:16 am

how old is she lmao
Back to top Go down
YEEZUS
Veteran Fantagian
YEEZUS

PostSubject: Re: I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star...   I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 10:43 am

yooooooooooooooooo doesn't k-pop star literally mean "korean pop star"???
'cause i don't think u can b a korean pop ~star~ if ur not even korean
but wow htis has been a very long lived topic considering the subjeCt of the topic
Back to top Go down
http://lindsaylochan.tumblr.com
Rena
Regular Fantagian
Rena

PostSubject: Re: I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star...   I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 11:00 am

She's like 15-16.

Also, there are a few non-Korean K-Pop stars. Some are Thai, Viet, Chinese, etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star...   I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next