Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.
Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.

Fantage Cheats, Secrets, Glitches, Info & Help.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star...

Go down 
+14
YEEZUS
alex
Daisy
Squirtle
Vanilla bean frap
o
hikayamasan353
flandre
Miranda2
alison
Officer Number Two
Flynn
Wizzy
Rena
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Flynn
Legendary Fantagian
Flynn

I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star...   I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 11:02 am

Okay, this topic needs to end now.

Tell your friend to give up and become a private investigator instead. Or a superhero. Or a dog. She's much more likely to become one of those than she is to become a K-pop star.

That is all that needs to be said.
Back to top Go down
Rena
Regular Fantagian
Rena

PostSubject: Re: I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star...   I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 11:07 am

I know...
I don't want to crush her dreams but I really need to wake her up without sounding mean or harsh... -____-
She's one of my best friends, and I don't want her to end up hating me. :c
She can sing it's just that....she doesn't have the look.
Like, she isn't Asian looking enough to become a K-pop star.
Back to top Go down
X
Passionate Fantagian
X

PostSubject: Re: I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star...   I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 11:14 am

Before this ends, I have to say something.
Y'know that thing you said about Filipinos looking Asian, or not looking Asian in general? That was kind of racist. Just saying.
Back to top Go down
Rena
Regular Fantagian
Rena

PostSubject: Re: I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star...   I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 11:20 am

Well, if you take a look at a group of Filipinos, some of us really do either look light-skinned/Asian and some are more tan/not-so-Asian looking, and some are kind of in between, which is true because I am Filipino, I'm part of a Filipino family, and I have lots of Filipino friends who look like either or are in between. When Filipinos are mixed it's even harder to distinguish their ethnicity. Like, mixed Filipino/Chinese or mixed Filipino/Hispanic.
Back to top Go down
Velocity
Senior Fantagian
Velocity

PostSubject: Re: I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star...   I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 11:39 am

You know what? Let your friend become what she wants. I think it's important that young people continue to dream. Nowadays, you have so many talented people with so much potential yet they're being put down simply because society is basically saying, "You can't be successful in life" or "You won't make money". Ridiculous. I don't think race really matters. I'd take a person to become a KPOP star if he/she has the motivation and skill to become one. The world is changing guys, those who believe you need to look a certain way to be a KPOP star is ridiculous. You do realize that most stars do plastic surgery, it's just that society has created this image of famous KPOP stars being Korean. So what? Anyone can be anything if they want. If she really wants her dream to come true, she's going to have to work supremely hard towards that goal. Instead of bashing her or making her feel bad, why don't you encourage her and support her like a real friend? Don't crush your friend's dream just because someone crushed yours.
Back to top Go down
http://aqentsofshield.tumblr.com
Rena
Regular Fantagian
Rena

PostSubject: Re: I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star...   I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 11:54 am

When did I ever say I got my dreams crushed again...?
Anyways, I said I'm trying to find a way to convince her to look for a different career, not crush her dreams. I never said anything mean or harsh to her. I just need to find a way to persuade her into thinking about becoming something more realistic.
Back to top Go down
el
Veteran Fantagian
el

PostSubject: Re: I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star...   I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 11:55 am

This topic's been going around for a while now?? just
If she wants to be a KPOP star let her be one. What's the huge deal over it?
It shouldn't matter if she's Korean or not??? That's sort of like saying white girls aren't allowed to rap, or black guys aren't allowed to sing pop? It's stupid.
As long as she knows/learns enough Korean to make a song, let her be. She may or may not change her mind later on, but if she doesn't, let her be. She might actually be successful tbh.
Back to top Go down
Flynn
Legendary Fantagian
Flynn

PostSubject: Re: I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star...   I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 12:27 pm

Guys, seriously!
It's not about whether she's Korean or whether she has "the look" or even whether she can sing. The fact is that almost nobody gets to become a famous singer, regardless of ambition or talent.

To become famous, first you have to be rich. Really, really rich. Like millionaire rich. Rich enough to afford professional vocal lessons, hire an agent, and a buttload of transportation. Not to mention any instruments you'll be playing and the equipment they require, and even getting an audition costs a lot of money.

Second and most importantly you have to be lucky. There are millions of competitors out there, and there's absolutely no guarantee anyone will notice you no matter how pretty or talented you are. And even if you're lucky enough to become famous, there's a very high chance your whole career will backfire and you'll wind up like Lindsey Lohan or someone. After about a year or so as a singer, almost no one will take you or your music seriously anymore.

What does she plan to do if she doesn't make it as a K-pop star? Spend the rest of her life washing dishes at fast food places?

I still think she'd be better off trying to become Batman. Seriously, her chances are way better.
Back to top Go down
Rena
Regular Fantagian
Rena

PostSubject: Re: I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star...   I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 1:11 pm

Flynn, I agree on everything you JUST said.

Although, I decided that I'm not gonna try to stop her from chasing her dreams. I know it's...nearly impossible for such a thing to happen, but it wouldn't be right for me to try to stop her. I wouldn't be a good friend if I DID try to stop her.

KPOP is just a fad. She'll eventually realize that it's not going to last forever (her obsession with KPOP).
Back to top Go down
Flynn
Legendary Fantagian
Flynn

PostSubject: Re: I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star...   I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 2:41 pm

CuteAngel wrote:
Flynn, I agree on everything you JUST said.

Although, I decided that I'm not gonna try to stop her from chasing her dreams. I know it's...nearly impossible for such a thing to happen, but it wouldn't be right for me to try to stop her. I wouldn't be a good friend if I DID try to stop her.

You don't necessarily have to stop her, just make sure she has a good backup plan since she's almost certain to fail.
I don't mean to be pessimistic, but I really don't think she has a good chance in the music industry.
Back to top Go down
Rena
Regular Fantagian
Rena

PostSubject: Re: I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star...   I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 6:13 pm

Yeah, when I talked to her about what she would do if she couldn't become a KPOP star, she said she wants to be a veterinarian or a doctor.
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Veteran Fantagian
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star...   I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 12:00 am

CuteAngel wrote:
She's Filipino like me.
Some Filipinos don't really look Asian though... Like me and her.
She has very tanned skin, like most Filipinos.

Ohh! She could be an Kpop start. ^0^ Just like the Kpop star hunt season 3. There's a Filipino that got in.. Smile) But it depends on her destiny too. If she is really fit to become a kpop star or not Smile
Back to top Go down
hikayamasan353
Senior Fantagian
hikayamasan353

Location : Ukraine, K***-ken, K***-shi, ***-ku, ***-chome, 2-3-1

PostSubject: Re: I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star...   I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 1:38 pm

Hmmm... What's going on? Anyways, the music industry is not all about making money. Hope she learned FL Studio and korean, and made some songs... Well not a bashing hit but something like Ami Ichigawa's 4U (utau song). I myself want to be a computer service personnel, I am majoring IT in university, but I also draw manga stuff and make shows in MMD. Hope her hobby is successful. Maybe she can represent her singer self as an animated character than a person...
Back to top Go down
https://www.paigeeworld.com/u/hikayamasan353
Jungkook
New Fantagian
Jungkook

PostSubject: Re: I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star...   I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 10:48 am

Honestly it might be possible. You don't HAVE to be korean in order to become a kpop star. You don't even need to know the language! Look at nickhun from 2pm or victoria from F(x) both of them are from NOT korean nor did they know the language. During training they teach you korean if you don't know how to speak it. It really all depends on her talent not where shes from and if she doesn't have the "kpop look" there is always plastic surgery Wink
Back to top Go down
Jungkook
New Fantagian
Jungkook

PostSubject: Re: I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star...   I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 10:50 am

there are also kpop stars with dark skin so you don't need to worry about it.
ex. Lee hyori, Hyorin, Lee michelle (she's half black)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star...   I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I found out that my friend wants to be a KPOP star...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2