Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.


Fantage Cheats, Secrets, Glitches, Info & Help.
 
HomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inUsergroups


Share | 
 

 Should Christmas be banned or not?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Takeshi
Dedicated Fantagian


Posts : 1112
Join date : 2013-05-20
Location : Death

PostSubject: Should Christmas be banned or not?   Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:59 pm

Okay firstly, I'm not personally saying Christmas should be banned.
Since I ran out of new reasons, I want to know what you would say.
I need to make a speech about this *Cries*.
 Do my homework guys

I've checked internet... I didn't find anything good...
I need your help! ^^


Last edited by Takeshi on Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Flynn
Legendary Fantagian


Posts : 12278
Join date : 2012-01-14
Age : 17
Location : The gallows

PostSubject: Re: Should Christmas be banned or not?   Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:03 pm

Why is this even a question?
Of course it shouldn't be banned. It's a holiday. Holidays aren't hurting anyone, so there's no reason at all to ban them.

On the other hand, Oliver Twist was banned for being "racist", so I wouldn't be half surprised if someone decided that Christmas promoted gun violence or some crap like that and had it banned.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Squirtle
Ultimate Fantagian


Posts : 8761
Join date : 2011-12-04
Age : 14
Location : Somewhere

PostSubject: Re: Should Christmas be banned or not?   Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:13 pm

I don't think they should ban Christmas...Just think of all the angry people. All they want to do is celebrate the holiday. I believe that Holidays like this (Not just Christmas, but other ones too.) Can actually bring a family closer. Like Flynn said, Holidays aren't hurting anyone. Though I don't really celebrate that "Santa" thing too much, I just get like 3 presents and get happy. I do find it kind of annoying how Christmas is not really about santa, yet he gets all f the attention? It is not a bad thing, I just find it kind of sad how he has taken over Christmas.It is not something that should get banned, just something that makes me wonder about how Santa Claus actually became a thing. If you say that Santa is not real, then just remember that I used to live across the street from a guy with the last name of Santa.


Last edited by Christmas Tree on Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:02 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nerurumi.deviantart.com/
saratheberra
Regular Fantagian


Posts : 142
Join date : 2013-11-27
Age : 14
Location : (i used to be Cilan!)

PostSubject: Re: Should Christmas be banned or not?   Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:04 pm

I don't think they should but some people don't celebrate any holidays. That's why they have "Winter Break" instead of "Christmas Break". Even though everyone knows it's for Christmas.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://saratheberra.tumblr.com
o
Veteran Fantagian


Posts : 4269
Join date : 2011-11-11
Age : 15
Location : California

PostSubject: Re: Should Christmas be banned or not?   Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:38 pm

what even is this topic
Back to top Go down
View user profile
YEEZUS
Veteran Fantagian


Posts : 3578
Join date : 2013-02-16
Age : 9

PostSubject: Re: Should Christmas be banned or not?   Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:48 pm

is this topic real life am i dreaming
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://lindsaylochan.tumblr.com
Officer Number Two
Loyal Fantagian


Posts : 1781
Join date : 2013-03-02
Age : 14
Location : Interrogating a Gazelle

PostSubject: Re: Should Christmas be banned or not?   Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:22 pm

i dont see whats wrong with this topic. its not the topic thats stupid, its the assignment ^_^

well just keep christmas i want my break. they woul get rid of the break if christmas was gone.

all i can say is that this is the stupidest homework assingment in the world and the reason you cant find anything oline is because everyone knows that christmas wont be banned and they are not so stupid as to ban it themslves. if they hate christmas then they just dont celebrate it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Takeshi
Dedicated Fantagian


Posts : 1112
Join date : 2013-05-20
Location : Death

PostSubject: Re: Should Christmas be banned or not?   Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:10 am

Cookie~ wrote:

all i can say is that this is the stupidest homework assingment in the world and the reason you cant find anything oline is because everyone knows that christmas wont be banned and they are not so stupid as to ban it themslves. if they hate christmas then they just dont celebrate it.

XD Stupidest homework in the world, tell that to my English teacher. Well at least I got few points about this.
Thanks everyone!


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rue
Expert Fantagian


Posts : 2060
Join date : 2013-01-13
Age : 13
Location : secret. ;3

PostSubject: Re: Should Christmas be banned or not?   Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:06 am

At first when i saw the title of this topic i was like THEY WANT TO BAN ME?! Now im like lol Very Happy 
No I don't think it should (although Santa isn't real sheesh parents ruing childhoods) Children love Christmas I LOVE CHRISTMAS I'M ASKING FOR AN I POD Very Happy I would hate if Christmas was banned the world would be miserable forever.Also it's a time were people get together and have Christmas diner together Very Happy and actually enjoy ourselves.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cefie
Dedicated Fantagian


Posts : 1305
Join date : 2012-06-12
Age : 17
Location : Oh no! I've gone missing. Can you find me?

PostSubject: Re: Should Christmas be banned or not?   Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:58 am

Is it one of dose where you hafta cite resources? Dat's pretty... Thought provoking. What exactly bad is there about Christmas? I see no reason why it should be banned, and especially, what would you replace Christmas with? Not everybody celebrates it anyway, imagine just normal boring life in cold winter. 3:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
flower
Hero Fantagian


Posts : 7480
Join date : 2012-12-20
Age : 15

PostSubject: Re: Should Christmas be banned or not?   Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:58 pm

No. Christmas is a time to celebrate the birth of Christ. It has the most important meaning out of all the holidays. Even if people wanted it banned, though, it wouldn't be, because Popes and Bishops and Churches wouldn't allow that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Should Christmas be banned or not?   Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:49 pm

Divergent wrote:
No. Christmas is a time to celebrate the birth of Christ. It has the most important meaning out of all the holidays. Even if people wanted it banned, though, it wouldn't be, because Popes and Bishops and Churches wouldn't allow that.

well first of all jesus wasnt even born on christmas, he was born in the summer.  second of all christmas is not a catholic holiday (or a religious holiday at ALL), its a holiday made to entertain children and give them what they want.  the advent holiday, which lasts four weeks, is meant to celebrate the coming of jesus. thats why you dont see people preaching on christmas, but every friday on advent month.
Back to top Go down
saratheberra
Regular Fantagian


Posts : 142
Join date : 2013-11-27
Age : 14
Location : (i used to be Cilan!)

PostSubject: Re: Should Christmas be banned or not?   Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:59 pm

Anna wrote:
Divergent wrote:
No. Christmas is a time to celebrate the birth of Christ. It has the most important meaning out of all the holidays. Even if people wanted it banned, though, it wouldn't be, because Popes and Bishops and Churches wouldn't allow that.

well first of all jesus wasnt even born on christmas, he was born in the summer.  second of all christmas is not a catholic holiday (or a religious holiday at ALL), its a holiday made to entertain children and give them what they want.  the advent holiday, which lasts four weeks, is meant to celebrate the coming of jesus.  thats why you dont see people preaching on christmas, but every friday on advent month.

You just said the wrong thing.. I'm a Catholic and we celebrate the birth of Christ every single day. Also, Christmas is very important to me and my church. It's VERY religious! Jesus died for us and washes our sins away but I know he's going to forgive you for what you said.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://saratheberra.tumblr.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Should Christmas be banned or not?   Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:16 pm

Cilan wrote:
Anna wrote:
Divergent wrote:
No. Christmas is a time to celebrate the birth of Christ. It has the most important meaning out of all the holidays. Even if people wanted it banned, though, it wouldn't be, because Popes and Bishops and Churches wouldn't allow that.

well first of all jesus wasnt even born on christmas, he was born in the summer.  second of all christmas is not a catholic holiday (or a religious holiday at ALL), its a holiday made to entertain children and give them what they want.  the advent holiday, which lasts four weeks, is meant to celebrate the coming of jesus.  thats why you dont see people preaching on christmas, but every friday on advent month.

You just said the wrong thing.. I'm a Catholic and
we celebrate the birth of Christ every single day. Also, Christmas is very important to me and my church. It's VERY religious! Jesus died for us and washes our sins away but I know he's going to forgive you for what you said.

christmas is NOT a religious holiday and you can literally ask any priest that.  i go to a catholic school.  it was adapted from other holidays and has nothing to do with jesus.  advent week celebrates the coming of jesus, go ahead, look it up if you want.

edit: also, what did i do wrong?  i didnt sin-- i was stating facts told by my father.  please dont shove your religion down my throat.  thanks.
Back to top Go down
YEEZUS
Veteran Fantagian


Posts : 3578
Join date : 2013-02-16
Age : 9

PostSubject: Re: Should Christmas be banned or not?   Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:21 pm

Cilan wrote:
Anna wrote:
Divergent wrote:
No. Christmas is a time to celebrate the birth of Christ. It has the most important meaning out of all the holidays. Even if people wanted it banned, though, it wouldn't be, because Popes and Bishops and Churches wouldn't allow that.

well first of all jesus wasnt even born on christmas, he was born in the summer.  second of all christmas is not a catholic holiday (or a religious holiday at ALL), its a holiday made to entertain children and give them what they want.  the advent holiday, which lasts four weeks, is meant to celebrate the coming of jesus.  thats why you dont see people preaching on christmas, but every friday on advent month.

You just said the wrong thing.. I'm a Catholic and we celebrate the birth of Christ every single day. Also, Christmas is very important to me and my church. It's VERY religious! Jesus died for us and washes our sins away but I know he's going to forgive you for what you said.
lol u do realize that christmas was taken from pagan traditions/holidays right??
nd christmas is literally just as religious as u want it 2 b
if u take it in a religious way then thats fine for you but dont cram it down other ppls throats bc it's not universally a religious thing!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://lindsaylochan.tumblr.com
flower
Hero Fantagian


Posts : 7480
Join date : 2012-12-20
Age : 15

PostSubject: Re: Should Christmas be banned or not?   Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:59 am

Anna wrote:
Divergent wrote:
No. Christmas is a time to celebrate the birth of Christ. It has the most important meaning out of all the holidays. Even if people wanted it banned, though, it wouldn't be, because Popes and Bishops and Churches wouldn't allow that.

well first of all jesus wasnt even born on christmas, he was born in the summer.  second of all christmas is not a catholic holiday (or a religious holiday at ALL), its a holiday made to entertain children and give them what they want.  the advent holiday, which lasts four weeks, is meant to celebrate the coming of jesus.  thats why you dont see people preaching on christmas, but every friday on advent month.

I'm not catholic. I'm simply saying that "Christmas is a time to celebrate the birth of Christ" because that's what a wide majority of people see it as. Sorry for an confusion, but yeah. I don't need a religion lesson.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Should Christmas be banned or not?   Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:30 pm

angellina wrote:
Anna wrote:
Divergent wrote:
No. Christmas is a time to celebrate the birth of Christ. It has the most important meaning out of all the holidays. Even if people wanted it banned, though, it wouldn't be, because Popes and Bishops and Churches wouldn't allow that.

well first of all jesus wasnt even born on christmas, he was born in the summer.  second of all christmas is not a catholic holiday (or a religious holiday at ALL), its a holiday made to entertain children and give them what they want.  the advent holiday, which lasts four weeks, is meant to celebrate the coming of jesus.  thats why you dont see people preaching on christmas, but every friday on advent month.

I'm not catholic. I'm simply saying that "Christmas is a time to celebrate the birth of Christ" because that's what a wide majority of people see it as. Sorry for an confusion, but yeah. I don't need a religion lesson.

into technalities, it is not. im not catholic either, but i simply stated something about it. there were plenty of other reasons to support christmas instead of an inaccurate statement about traditional catholic holidays.

aside from that, i do have some other points! like i stated, christmas also is the cause of some fundraisers for poor children that dont get a lot of gifts every year. if there was no "giving" holiday, there would be less fundraisers for kids that arent as lucky. so it gives them an opportunity/excuse to raise money or give presents to them.

also, christmas promotes business sales. why do you think during christmas time, theres always santa chocolates and christmas lights and decorations for sale in shops? it gives them extra money because people will obviously be going crazy to buy presents and decorations to satisfy their kids and make them happy.

it even draws more attention to important news stories if you havent noticed yet! lots of tragic things have been happening lately (e.g. that train that fell off the tracks in new york). it makes people more aware of their safety, whats going on, and drives hospitals to run a little faster because the doctors will be (a bit?) more considerate of their patients.

if you need more ill be happy to help. for now you should just pay attention to what changes during christmas season!
Back to top Go down
flower
Hero Fantagian


Posts : 7480
Join date : 2012-12-20
Age : 15

PostSubject: Re: Should Christmas be banned or not?   Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:46 pm

another thing I've noticed in my community is people are a lot more nicer and kind around this time. Like, just a few days ago when I went out for lunch I seen a group of boys that were about my age buy a homeless man a coffee and sandwich. People were also helping elders, shovelling drive ways, ect. I never see people doing that in November, but around December, it happens.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
char
Hero Fantagian


Posts : 6313
Join date : 2012-11-12
Age : 17
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Should Christmas be banned or not?   Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:23 pm

Christmas was traditionally a religious holiday, but it doesn't mean that only Christians celebrate it.
Christmas is for fun, gifts, and a bunch of things Anna pointed out too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
o
Veteran Fantagian


Posts : 4269
Join date : 2011-11-11
Age : 15
Location : California

PostSubject: Re: Should Christmas be banned or not?   Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:31 pm

Pastey wrote:
Christmas was traditionally a religious holiday, but it doesn't mean that only Christians celebrate it.
Christmas is for fun, gifts, and a bunch of things Anna pointed out too.
basically this. in christian terms, (correct me if i'm wrong) it originated as a 12- day celebration in honor of the life and birth of Jesus Christ, but it has now been changed into a one- day (two days, if you count christmas eve) holiday that can be celebrated by anyone. it's a day for gift-giving and goodwill. heck, i'm sure there still are religious people that celebrate the traditional 12 days of christmas.

@anna, i would like to politely correct you, in that christmas actually is a religious holiday celebrating Jesus' birth. sure, it's nowhere near his actual birthday, and the catholic church may not celebrate it as his birthday. but in my religion (and i assume this applies to others, as well) we actually do celebrate his birth at christmastime. so you're right; it's not only a religious holiday, but to some people it is so please don't go jumping to conclusions based on one religion's evidence. (;

@flower, like cas said, christmas can be as religious as you want. i personally wouldn't describe it as specifically a 'religious holiday' since others might not be religious, but if you celebrate it religiously then that's your decision!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cefie
Dedicated Fantagian


Posts : 1305
Join date : 2012-06-12
Age : 17
Location : Oh no! I've gone missing. Can you find me?

PostSubject: Re: Should Christmas be banned or not?   Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:26 pm

erm
i love giving
christmas is about giving, as all the other holidays for me
it kind of bothers me when people say most people view it as a religious, catholic holiday
because most people i know don't, and i know a lot of people
but to each their own, and it doesn't even matter
On topic, what I meant to say was that with no Christmas, no "allowance" of kindness
People will see no reason to be nice all of a sudden, like Anna said
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Should Christmas be banned or not?   Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:43 pm

@o: sorry if i offended you or anything!  i was only stating that christmas is not religious/important according to the traditional catholic church, since cilan did state she was a catholic.  of course i agreed with cat on the "its as religious as u want" thing, otherwise i wouldve spoke my mind.  i was also saying that, since flower did claim that it was a religious holiday,  i wanted to imply that not eVERYONE celebrates it religiously, nor can pastors/priests/baptists/etc control that holiday.  sorry if that confused you (my wording is terrible), but i meant to say that not everybody sees christmas as some religious holiday.

also, i had another point while i was typing this (since i just came home from school and this was already on my mind).  christmas even gives kids another week (or two or however many weeks you have) to cool down because theres usually a christmas break around the time (i get 20-something days bc of advent) which is great.  school causes lots of stress, and as long as homework is given over the break, it's fine imo.  only a day or two is needed before the class can get back on track.   bounce
Back to top Go down
eden
Veteran Fantagian


Posts : 4612
Join date : 2011-07-20
Age : 15
Location : the trash

PostSubject: Re: Should Christmas be banned or not?   Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:48 pm

I love how simple topics like these always end up turning into huge arguments/debates. lmao
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Colorora
Senior Fantagian


Posts : 425
Join date : 2012-12-20
Age : 12
Location : the land of not telling you

PostSubject: Re: Should Christmas be banned or not?   Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:46 pm

Lets not let this turn into a forum war. I'm still recovering from the posting games one
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Officer Number Two
Loyal Fantagian


Posts : 1781
Join date : 2013-03-02
Age : 14
Location : Interrogating a Gazelle

PostSubject: Re: Should Christmas be banned or not?   Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:47 pm

Colorora wrote:
Lets not let this turn into a forum war. I'm still recovering from the posting games one

don't you dare talk about that

I don't really thinks its much of a war, but yeah it could get worse.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Should Christmas be banned or not?   Today at 1:40 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Should Christmas be banned or not?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Should Christmas be banned or not?
» Walking through the christmas tree Patch
» how to get one muxxu Account back after getting banned. (no Garantee!)
» GRAND CHRISTMAS PARTY (exclusive for STTM)
» Things that can get you banned

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fantage Forum :: Off-Topic :: Forum Lounge-
Jump to: