Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.
Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.

Fantage Cheats, Secrets, Glitches, Info & Help.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

I have a question

Go down 
+12
Abbey
Makkine
pokeranger
69hot_wangs69
Relora
Usui
FruitCake
Golden-Star
Angus Bethune
Flynn
troller mcloller
Sky
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Winnowill
Loyal Fantagian
Winnowill

I have a question - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have a question   I have a question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 12:26 pm

I really do think that the current moderators are being overworked, and if Mace has any interest in this forum still, he should probably select a few more staff himself or allow applications once more. The spam and and related stuff are also causing newcomers to be shunned for it, even though some of them do try hard to contribute. The new people are not stupid, most are simply trying to navigate a complicated system that has arisen from this forum being several years old and updated rather infrequently.

I also feel that some of Mace's preferences, i.e no modding requests, role-plays, etc.), are being enforced as if they were rules even though they are not listed in the thread that newcomers are asked to read repeatedly. If Mace is not here, and involved personally in this forum, I don't think that his personal preferences should be given as much deference as they currently have. Also his reasons for requesting these are most likely outdated anyway.

Yay I made a wall of text
Back to top Go down
Mace
Administrator
Administrator
Mace

PostSubject: Re: I have a question   I have a question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 1:38 pm

Spy-der wrote:
Problem is, just about no one (besides our current mods) on this site is capable of being a mod. 95% of members here are too immature, too young, or just power hungry.

This is all that needed to be said.
Back to top Go down
http://fantagegeek.com
Flynn
Legendary Fantagian
Flynn

PostSubject: Re: I have a question   I have a question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 2:40 pm

Oh look, the great God has spoken. Rolling Eyes

And as to people who could be moderators, what about Relora? N? Maybe Spyder?
We can't just make Abbey and Makkine do all the work.
Back to top Go down
troller mcloller
Regular Fantagian
troller mcloller

PostSubject: Re: I have a question   I have a question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 3:08 pm

It dosent matter mace said what spyder said
Back to top Go down
Cyrus
Administrator
Administrator
Cyrus

PostSubject: Re: I have a question   I have a question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 10:21 pm

Now now, everybody doesn't need to get all upset. However it is pretty hilarious how I'm on almost 24/7 and nobody addresses me with any issues? This part is mostly pointed twords Spy-der and his terrible attempt at a "rant" I guess you could call it. Spy-der, if you are so concerned about all this, why didn't you PM me or Mace EVER? That is the one question I ask.
Back to top Go down
pokeranger
Hero Fantagian
pokeranger

PostSubject: Re: I have a question   I have a question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 10:22 pm

Almost_perfect wrote:
It dosent matter mace said what spyder said
It's true, of course... And anyways, I guess Agent knows his chances of being a moderator has a low chance...
Back to top Go down
69hot_wangs69
Dedicated Fantagian
69hot_wangs69

PostSubject: Re: I have a question   I have a question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 11:00 pm

Cyrus wrote:
Now now, everybody doesn't need to get all upset. However it is pretty hilarious how I'm on almost 24/7 and nobody addresses me with any issues? This part is mostly pointed twords Spy-der and his terrible attempt at a "rant" I guess you could call it. Spy-der, if you are so concerned about all this, why didn't you PM me or Mace EVER? That is the one question I ask.

Well there are a couple reasons. The most obvious one being, you two dont reply to any PM's. When I first joined I sent both of you a PM with a suggestion (or several, I cant remember) of improvements you could make to some of the boards. Both of you ignored it.

Secondly, I'm not really "concerned" for this forum anymore and have realized that because the administration is so bad and the community is so immature, the problems on this forum are not worth me wasting my breath on. In fact, the only reason I commented on this topic was because I was baffled at how some people think that this forum doesnt have any problems and are able to overlook it's neglect. And I know you're going to ask me why I'm still on this forum if I dont care about it. I just use it as a way to keep in touch with a few of the members, most of the time through PM's, but I also lurk.

Thirdly, I knew that if I did send a PM, and you did reply (which would never happen), I would get a smart alick response from you like this. Totally arrogant and hypocritical. You posted recently about how you read your PMs and never reply (like a boss), but you post here telling me that I shouldve sent you PM's that I knew you would ignore anyway.

Last edited by Spy-der on Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:18 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Editted in some stuff, and then removed all of it.)
Back to top Go down
Blue
Veteran Fantagian
Blue

Location : How am I supposed to know? D; LOCATING MYSELF IS HARD.

PostSubject: Re: I have a question   I have a question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 12:00 am

Yuffiecrystal wrote:

God, yes I'm voting for this list. Very Happy
Okay sorry for going off-topic. And that is not sarcasm.

Agent, being a moderator...well, it's not really different from being a different member. Asking not only shoots down your chance of becoming a staff member like 70%, but it's also rude. You should first look down at how much you spam, whether you're kind and also read the rules. I'm sure that about 50% of the new members haven't. Even when I joined I did not read rules, voila, I was no. 1 irritating brat.
I'm sorry if I'm rude or I'm back-seat modding...
Back to top Go down
http://underworld.forumotions.in
troller mcloller
Regular Fantagian
troller mcloller

PostSubject: Re: I have a question   I have a question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 8:14 am

lol there should be like a contest who ever has the most posts gets to be a mod for a week xD
Back to top Go down
Flynn
Legendary Fantagian
Flynn

PostSubject: Re: I have a question   I have a question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 8:28 am

Almost_perfect wrote:
lol there should be like a contest who ever has the most posts gets to be a mod for a week xD

No. That's a really dumb idea. If we let the top posters be mods, then all the spammers will run the forum.
Back to top Go down
Cyrus
Administrator
Administrator
Cyrus

PostSubject: Re: I have a question   I have a question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 8:56 am

Spy-der wrote:
Cyrus wrote:

Well there are a couple reasons. The most obvious one being, you two dont reply to any PM's. When I first joined I sent both of you a PM with a suggestion (or several, I cant remember) of improvements you could make to some of the boards. Both of you ignored it.

Secondly, I'm not really "concerned" for this forum anymore and have realized that because the administration is so bad and the community is so immature, the problems on this forum are not worth me wasting my breath on. In fact, the only reason I commented on this topic was because I was baffled at how some people think that this forum doesnt have any problems and are able to overlook it's neglect. And I know you're going to ask me why I'm still on this forum if I dont care about it. I just use it as a way to keep in touch with a few of the members, most of the time through PM's, but I also lurk.

Thirdly, I knew that if I did send a PM, and you did reply (which would never happen), I would get a smart alick response from you like this. Totally arrogant and hypocritical. You posted recently about how you read your PMs and never reply (like a boss), but you post here telling me that I shouldve sent you PM's that I knew you would ignore anyway.

If it was a serious PM I probably would have replyd, if you took a look in my PM box you would see why I don't respond. Here's one I received at valentines day: "Hey Cyrus.
Could you please send Abbey & Makkine a PM on Valentines Day saying this:
Hello Abbey (or Makki, whoever you send it to first), Happy Valentines Day! You are nice, caring, sweet, giving, helpful, and a great mod!

Could you send that to Makki and Abbey?
They are my best friends and pretty good mods.
I would really like it if they got a happy Valentines Day from you. Ofc. it would be good if Mace did it too Very Happy
Thank you". Because I totally need to get told by users to tell other people happy valentimes day. Now lets not forget all the username change requests. Yes the topic says to pm us. But we can't change all 1,000 of you in one day. So we don't really bother. I've been looking into letting users change their own names to have this problem resolved.
Back to top Go down
troller mcloller
Regular Fantagian
troller mcloller

PostSubject: Re: I have a question   I have a question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 9:12 am

So there were no important messages from spyder

but cyrus lol i dont ever see ppl getting their username changed so can u please start changing them
Back to top Go down
69hot_wangs69
Dedicated Fantagian
69hot_wangs69

PostSubject: Re: I have a question   I have a question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 9:35 am

No, the PM was completely serious and well thought out. I believe it was 2-3 paragraphs long actually.

And how does posting pointless messages from OTHER users prove that I sent you a pointless PM. It's totally irrelevant to me. Anyone on this site who has ever had a conversation with me knows that I dont type like that, nor make completely pointless posts or statements.

One minute you're bragging about how you're the boss around here, and ignore all your PMs, and then the next minute you tell me that I shouldve PMd you with any concerns. It's pointless and a waste of breath and I know that from experience.
Back to top Go down
troller mcloller
Regular Fantagian
troller mcloller

PostSubject: Re: I have a question   I have a question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 9:39 am

Well it dosent matter anymore

This started off normally by agent bearen saying Can i be a mod or a member of the staff

Now theres a war or something

You should stoop now it dosent matter who sent what xD
Back to top Go down
Makkine
Makkine

PostSubject: Re: I have a question   I have a question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 3:48 pm

-♥Aubrey♥- wrote:
Yuffiecrystal wrote:

God, yes I'm voting for this list. Very Happy
Okay sorry for going off-topic. And that is not sarcasm.

Agent, being a moderator...well, it's not really different from being a different member. Asking not only shoots down your chance of becoming a staff member like 70%, but it's also rude. You should first look down at how much you spam, whether you're kind and also read the rules. I'm sure that about 50% of the new members haven't. Even when I joined I did not read rules, voila, I was no. 1 irritating brat.
I'm sorry if I'm rude or I'm back-seat modding...
N was once a moderator, but no longer expresses interest in running the forum. I do not want to dredge up any drama, so that's all I will say.

All right, I'm not involving myself in my discussion because it's getting ridiculous. Spy-der, if you have any concerns, send me a PM and I'll try to see what I can do. Cyrus, however, has already made his (I think extremely reasonable) point clear and both of you are rehashing old arguments. Stop.
Back to top Go down
Sky
Senior Fantagian
Sky

PostSubject: Re: I have a question   I have a question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 5:12 pm

I didnt want to say this but STOP FIGHTING! DONT BLAME ANYONE ELSE ITS ALL MY FAULT!
Now look, iv'e been seeing that every post i make is bringing up fights, what should i do? I dont spam, i like posting, that all. I just asked at the beginning, and you bring up a fight. I dont want any contests, you should know that all i ask is for your opinion! Is it to hard to ask to not fight on my posts?
Back to top Go down
Golden-Star
Loyal Fantagian
Golden-Star

PostSubject: Re: I have a question   I have a question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 8:15 pm

Agent Bearen wrote:
I didnt want to say this but STOP FIGHTING! DONT BLAME ANYONE ELSE ITS ALL MY FAULT!
Now look, iv'e been seeing that every post i make is bringing up fights, what should i do? I dont spam, i like posting, that all. I just asked at the beginning, and you bring up a fight. I dont want any contests, you should know that all i ask is for your opinion! Is it to hard to ask to not fight on my posts?

Oh warden. We aren't fighting c.
It's a dicussion that's all Hun. And it isn't spam. It's good to ask questions. And they are saying that some people here even me I should say, are really young and irresponsible to run this type of forum becuz some of us make ridiculous comments! But if I had to pick a mod here just saying, u must have been successful during the time u joined
Back to top Go down
http://yummystrawberries.canadian-forum.com/
pokeranger
Hero Fantagian
pokeranger

PostSubject: Re: I have a question   I have a question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 9:12 pm

Yuffiecrystal wrote:
Almost_perfect wrote:

No. That's a really dumb idea. If we let the top posters be mods, then all the spammers will run the forum.
I agree the idea isn't well thought, but spammers run the forum? So me being a top poster is considering me a spammer? If you didn't mean for the top posters, can you just rephrase your statement?
Back to top Go down
Mace
Administrator
Administrator
Mace

PostSubject: Re: I have a question   I have a question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 9:44 pm

This topic has gotten out of hand.

Warning given for the above post - no one word posts.
Back to top Go down
http://fantagegeek.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I have a question   I have a question - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I have a question
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2