Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.
Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.

Fantage Cheats, Secrets, Glitches, Info & Help.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Paint Tool Sai

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Weekays
Expert Fantagian

Paint Tool Sai Empty
PostSubject: Paint Tool Sai   Paint Tool Sai Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 11:54 am

Okayy well im trying to colour with sai! If anyone who uses it.And they know how to colour without it going over the line please try -try to get a picture turtrail Do not put it through utube post it here or Pm me.Or if you have to explain with every Detail.!

,Thanks
Kayleigh
Back to top Go down
Melissa H.
Dedicated Fantagian
Melissa H.

Paint Tool Sai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paint Tool Sai   Paint Tool Sai Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 11:58 am

yup its easy!!
and i will tell you in text
you have your lineart.
click the magic wand and click the areas you want to color
it will put a barrier so you cant go outside of it
and then
make another regular layer
and color!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://fantage.com
alex
alex

Paint Tool Sai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paint Tool Sai   Paint Tool Sai Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 12:01 pm

Once you know the basics you can develop your own style, and it's better to do things your way than to colour the same way as someone else. I have some good tutorials on my deviantart favourites.

This is a nice tutorial, though. It goes over colouring pretty much everything.
Back to top Go down
Weekays
Expert Fantagian

Paint Tool Sai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paint Tool Sai   Paint Tool Sai Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 12:19 pm

Piper please can you give me a picture tutorial i just dont understand Sorry
Back to top Go down
Melissa H.
Dedicated Fantagian
Melissa H.

Paint Tool Sai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paint Tool Sai   Paint Tool Sai Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 12:22 pm

ill try my sai expired soooooo yea i gotta take screen shots
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Oliver
Oliver

Location : *lights up a fire* yeah, trying to surivve in a fores.t *smokse a cig* il kill you

Paint Tool Sai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paint Tool Sai   Paint Tool Sai Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 12:24 pm

oh, please, learning is key in art. take what people tell you, then develop it yourself for a mix of both.
anyway, yeah, what piper said
Back to top Go down
http://sugar-icecream.deviantart.com
Weekays
Expert Fantagian

Paint Tool Sai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paint Tool Sai   Paint Tool Sai Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 12:31 pm

Not working :/ it must only work without a pic because its not my lineart
Back to top Go down
Melissa H.
Dedicated Fantagian
Melissa H.

Paint Tool Sai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paint Tool Sai   Paint Tool Sai Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 12:42 pm

it still should work even if
r u using he Select or selPen? thats crap
were the eyedropper is theres a wand use that
Back to top Go down
Weekays
Expert Fantagian

Paint Tool Sai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paint Tool Sai   Paint Tool Sai Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 12:45 pm

....Im using wand....
Back to top Go down
Melissa H.
Dedicated Fantagian
Melissa H.

Paint Tool Sai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paint Tool Sai   Paint Tool Sai Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 1:00 pm

oh can u take a vid of picturre of what happens?
can i see ur drawing?
Back to top Go down
Weekays
Expert Fantagian

Paint Tool Sai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paint Tool Sai   Paint Tool Sai Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 1:05 pm

Uhmm is not my lineart Plus i cant video i will explain..

I do it it will turn blue ( like whats supposed to happen )
Then i make a new layer that is blank....( but comes up with the pic ( if think) )
I start to colour it, the Blue will disappear it it still goes over the line art when i colour the lineart.
Back to top Go down
Melissa H.
Dedicated Fantagian
Melissa H.

Paint Tool Sai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paint Tool Sai   Paint Tool Sai Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 1:42 pm

OHHHHHHHHHHHH

if its not your line art than you have to trace over it thats the problem!!!

lower the opacity on the origanal then you do the lineart over it,

then it should work

since you didne do the line art, sai on your pc doesnt take from sai on other pc

dats da problem
Back to top Go down

Paint Tool Sai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paint Tool Sai   Paint Tool Sai Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 1:47 pm

The lineart has to be transparent, by the way
Back to top Go down
Melissa H.
Dedicated Fantagian
Melissa H.

Paint Tool Sai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paint Tool Sai   Paint Tool Sai Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 1:53 pm

what?
Back to top Go down
o
Veteran Fantagian

Paint Tool Sai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paint Tool Sai   Paint Tool Sai Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 7:58 pm

I know exactly what problem you're having, since I had that same problem when I was new to SAI. Here's what you need to do:

After you have made your line art in its own layer, make a new layer for coloring by clicking "add new layer". Once you have the new layer, click on it and drag it directly below your line art layer. If the coloring layer is below the line art, then it will not affect the line art. If the coloring is on top of the line art or on the same layer as the line art, then your coloring will cover the line art, which I'm guessing is your problem. So just make sure to drag the coloring layer below the line art. Problem solved.
Back to top Go down
Melissa H.
Dedicated Fantagian
Melissa H.

Paint Tool Sai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paint Tool Sai   Paint Tool Sai Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 4:51 pm

Panos wrote:
I know exactly what problem you're having, since I had that same problem when I was new to SAI. Here's what you need to do:

After you have made your line art in its own layer, make a new layer for coloring by clicking "add new layer". Once you have the new layer, click on it and drag it directly below your line art layer. If the coloring layer is below the line art, then it will not affect the line art. If the coloring is on top of the line art or on the same layer as the line art, then your coloring will cover the line art, which I'm guessing is your problem. So just make sure to drag the coloring layer below the line art. Problem solved.

i dont thonk so, (well yes) she said the lineart isnt hers. so she has to copy over the lineart then do it
Back to top Go down
o
Veteran Fantagian

Paint Tool Sai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paint Tool Sai   Paint Tool Sai Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 6:27 pm

Piper wrote:
Panos wrote:

i dont thonk so, (well yes) she said the lineart isnt hers. so she has to copy over the lineart then do it

No. Even if it's not her line art, she only has to drag the coloring layer below the line art. It's that simple.
Back to top Go down
Melissa H.
Dedicated Fantagian
Melissa H.

Paint Tool Sai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paint Tool Sai   Paint Tool Sai Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 6:38 pm

i forgot bout that.
Back to top Go down

Paint Tool Sai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paint Tool Sai   Paint Tool Sai Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 11:46 am

Panos wrote:
Piper wrote:
Panos wrote:

No. Even if it's not her line art, she only has to drag the coloring layer below the line art. It's that simple.
No. It's not "that simple" the lineart has to be transparent or she has to make it transparent.
like this:
http://momoko-kawase.deviantart.com/art/Rookie9-AU-Transparent-Lineart-178226866
Back to top Go down
Weekays
Expert Fantagian

Paint Tool Sai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paint Tool Sai   Paint Tool Sai Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 12:06 pm

Nothing is working!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Melissa H.
Dedicated Fantagian
Melissa H.

Paint Tool Sai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paint Tool Sai   Paint Tool Sai Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 12:41 pm

can you take pictures of what happens
Back to top Go down
Weekays
Expert Fantagian

Paint Tool Sai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paint Tool Sai   Paint Tool Sai Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 12:54 pm

Wait does this help...

I use the magic wand i click on it ( btw i have made it transparent ) so i make a new layer then drag it down under the lineart layer then i stay on the layer that is under lineart i start colouring but nothing comes up! but when i look at the layer the colouring i done is coming up there but not on the big screen if you get what i mean!

( thats the new problem :/ )
Back to top Go down
Melissa H.
Dedicated Fantagian
Melissa H.

Paint Tool Sai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paint Tool Sai   Paint Tool Sai Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 1:44 pm

i think what taost meens is when your first getting the lineart it has to be transperent. i personally never knew nor payed attention to that

and ive had that problem ex out of SAI for 10 minutes then open it up and try agian.
if that doesnt work then try this:
get the color you want.
color under the lineart make nit messy it soesnt matter if its out of the lines
then zoom in and erase the color thats out of the lines

i sugget you try the first one first.
Back to top Go down
o
Veteran Fantagian

Paint Tool Sai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paint Tool Sai   Paint Tool Sai Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 4:49 pm

Terezi wrote:
Panos wrote:
Piper wrote:
Panos wrote:

No. It's not "that simple" the lineart has to be transparent or she has to make it transparent.
like this:
http://momoko-kawase.deviantart.com/art/Rookie9-AU-Transparent-Lineart-178226866

Oh, I see. I made a mistake. I apologize, I suppose the white uncolored area does count as part of the line art layer. Sorry for not realizing that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Paint Tool Sai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paint Tool Sai   Paint Tool Sai Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Paint Tool Sai
Page 1 of 1