Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.
Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.

Fantage Cheats, Secrets, Glitches, Info & Help.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world?

Go down 
+16
Sky
Golden-Star
Squirtle
Dog
cupcakesrock
Cheesey
HonestyHands
Mila
69hot_wangs69
o
Abstract
Relora
emiko
Donutangel♥
Flynn
Winnowill
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Donutangel♥
Senior Fantagian
Donutangel♥

Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world?   Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 12:31 am

Spy-der wrote:
You know when an employee is about to quit their job? They just dont give a crap about what they say or do because they're going to leave? Thats how I feel. People who are friends with me dont give a crap about what i say on the forum, and I dont give a crap about what people on this forum think of me.

Normally when I post, I proofread my message and make sure what i say doesnt come off offensively. Sometimes I'll purposely post things worded rudely, but I try not to.

The one thing that bothers me more than anything is when people find the urge to always comment or discredit people's personal beliefs. It irritated me, and thats the only reason why I decided to reply to this thread again, and then I kind of went on a rampage, I didnt reread what i wrote, and I kind of came off as a genital.

Like I said, I dont care what people think of me on this forum, but I dont like hurting people's feelings, so if I did, Im sorry. Didnt mean it.

Now, regarding the PM's where I was sexist. I can copy/paste those down on the forum if anyone wants. It was an obvious joke, and she PM'd me first. I didnt like, attack her or anything.

calm down spyder we are all humans we get mad its a part of life. Just be cool
Back to top Go down
Abstract
Veteran Fantagian
Abstract

PostSubject: Re: Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world?   Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 12:34 am

The one thing that bothers me more than anything is when people find the urge to always comment or discredit people's personal beliefs.

---

From everything, I personally hate when this happens. There is no other reason to "diss" someone's religion or culture or whatever they feel is right, only to make the person feel bad or mistreated. I agree with you.
Back to top Go down
Relora
Hero Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world?   Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 12:38 am

Spy-der wrote:

The one thing that bothers me more than anything is when people find the urge to always comment or discredit people's personal beliefs.

This much I agree with. However, there are better ways to handle with the issue. As well as better ways to phrase what you had said.
Back to top Go down
Donutangel♥
Senior Fantagian
Donutangel♥

PostSubject: Re: Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world?   Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 12:49 am

YEAH
Back to top Go down
HonestyHands
Junior Fantagian
HonestyHands

PostSubject: Re: Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world?   Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 3:13 am

I agree that no-one should attack someones personal beliefs, but I, nor anyone I know, don't take it as a joke when someone is sexist or swears and calls someone a very offensive name. I only PM'd you first because I found your humour offensive and asked you to change it.

Last edited by HonestyHands on Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:15 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : missed a few words)
Back to top Go down
http://www.livingiscouragious.tumblr.com
IM MELODY'S HACKER!!!!
Featured User

PostSubject: Re: Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world?   Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 3:41 am

There's no scientific proof that the world will end on a certain date or time, or otherwise, when they said doomsday will be on the first day of 2012, nothing happened. And regarding the books on our planets/solar system (I've read those for an assignment reason), the world is not said to 'end' in maybe, hundreds of years. But that too has very little back-up to proof.

Most likely, it would be a run-out on resources (food-starvation) or the ozone layer. With our changes from the past, I don't believe it will die of a plague like the old days (of course, this is just an opinion).
Back to top Go down
Flynn
Legendary Fantagian
Flynn

PostSubject: Re: Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world?   Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 9:26 am

Rezik wrote:
Look, scientist put on storys. They really need to stick to germs. The world could end today if it had to. It happens when it happens. End of story

Scientists do much more than look at germs. If it weren't for scientists, we would not have medicine, electricity and so much else. And no, the world could not just end today. Something would have to make it end. Like in a billion years or so, the sun will collapse. Earth would no longer be suitable for our existence. So we would either leave and find a new planet or die.
Back to top Go down
Rufistar
Veteran Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world?   Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 11:25 am

In a million years the sun will run out of it's fuel, and it will not give light/heat so we will all freeze and die.
Back to top Go down
Weekays
Expert Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world?   Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 11:32 am

The world will go boom!
-has anyone heard that the world is supposed to end one the 21st of december this year!!-
Back to top Go down
Squirtle
Ultimate Fantagian
Squirtle

PostSubject: Re: Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world?   Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 11:39 am

Weekays0 wrote:
The world will go boom!
-has anyone heard that the world is supposed to end one the 21st of december this year!!-

i have heard of it. i know it is fake but still freaky!
Back to top Go down
http://nerurumi.deviantart.com/
Weekays
Expert Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world?   Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 11:40 am

[quote="Squirtle"][quote="Weekays0"]The world will go boom!
-has anyone heard that the world is supposed to end one the 21st of december this year!!-[/quote]

i have heard of it. i know it is fake but still freaky![/quote]It maybe not be fake..It was a scientest who found this out!
Back to top Go down
Relora
Hero Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world?   Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 11:52 am

Weekays0 wrote:
Squirtle wrote:
Weekays0 wrote:
The world will go boom!

i have heard of it. i know it is fake but still freaky!
It maybe not be fake..It was a scientest who found this out!

Actually the Mayans had a calender that just so happened to end on that date. It wasn't a scientist who found it out, more like the scientist found the calendar and people just let their imagination go xD.

Besides the Mayan calender doesn't account for leap days/leap years I believe. In that case the original 12/21/12 doomsday date would've already passed.
Back to top Go down
Winnowill
Loyal Fantagian
Winnowill

PostSubject: Re: Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world?   Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 12:56 pm

I remember that in the original Mayan calendar, the tzolkin, the 2012 "doomsday" is simply the end of this baktun and the beginning of the next. In the mythology, the end of the world usually means the end of an era or age, often the result of almost silly apocalypses, such as the revolt of the cooking tools.

Beware your tortilla griddles guys!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world?   Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3