Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.
Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.

Fantage Cheats, Secrets, Glitches, Info & Help.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Role Play of the Month?

Go down 
+4
mich
alex
Flynn
Relora
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Relora
Hero Fantagian

Role Play of the Month? Empty
PostSubject: Role Play of the Month?   Role Play of the Month? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 2:34 pm

Seeing as RPs are very popular on the forum I was thinking we could have something much like User of the Month except for Role Plays.

The title would be given to an outstanding or highly active Role Play for a month. It could be given to Role Plays that came out that month or have a history for being active and well-liked by the users.

The creator of the Role Play could also get a colored user-name (maybe not as bright as the featured user of the month, but something different) and be mentioned as the creator of the Role Play.

So what do you all think? I actually kinda just thought about it not too long ago and thought that it could have the potential be a cool little thing. Maybe not as amazing as Featured user, but something to still be celebrated. I also think it could promote longer lasting role plays. I've seen far too many good Role Plays given little to no attention :c
Back to top Go down
Flynn
Legendary Fantagian
Flynn

PostSubject: Re: Role Play of the Month?   Role Play of the Month? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 2:42 pm

... A lot of the RPs on here are copies and remakes. For example, the RPs Survivor, Stranded and Imaginary Friend are basically the same thing. As are all the many high school-based RPs.

My personal favourites were Survivor (The first one, before a certain Mary-Sue made an apartment and ruined it) and The Hunger Games (L.O.L's best RP, in my opinion. It's really cool.)
Back to top Go down
Relora
Hero Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: Role Play of the Month?   Role Play of the Month? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 2:48 pm

Captain Jack Sparrow wrote:
... A lot of the RPs on here are copies and remakes. For example, the RPs Survivor, Stranded and Imaginary Friend are basically the same thing. As are all the many high school-based RPs.

You bring an interesting point. I think that with a Role-play of the month type feature, we could help boost creativity and get users out of the habit of making similar RPs. We would also be able to high-light unique RPs that have great potential, but just need that extra little push.

Another problem I thought about is the fact that Fantage Forum is just that, a forum for Fantage. However, the forum seems to be more of a social area for those who have played the game or still play more than a forum all about Fantage.
Back to top Go down
alex
alex

PostSubject: Re: Role Play of the Month?   Role Play of the Month? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 2:49 pm

Like Captain said, almost half the RPs are repetitive or remakes or just too similar to others, and then we'd hear people complain and be all like "omg!!! my rp has _____ too!! it should have won!!!" or whatever. So I'd say no to this, but thank you for sharing your idea. ^^ ;;
==
on a side note stranded [priv] is my favourite rp <3

Last edited by Aisha on Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mich
Hero Fantagian
mich

PostSubject: Re: Role Play of the Month?   Role Play of the Month? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 2:49 pm

Agreed with Ron.
I think this is a good idea. I don't RP much, but still, it's a great idea.
I personally liked Insanity's RP 'The Wanderers' and Starberri's RP 'Time Shards'.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0Kgf0BgKg7C2RWe4LhEURA
Relora
Hero Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: Role Play of the Month?   Role Play of the Month? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 2:53 pm

Aisha wrote:
Like Captain said, almost half the RPs are repetitive or remakes or just too similar to others, and then we'd hear people complain and be all like "omg!!! my rp has _____ too!! it should have won!!!" or whatever. So I'd say no to this, but thank you for sharing your idea. ^^ ;;
==
on a side note stranded [priv] is my favourite rp <3

Again I agree, but this could be a way to direct users to unique and awesome Role Plays. We could also have some sort of system set up or something. Perhaps you'd have to apply for your Role Play to be considered, or we could try a poll or vote system for the users to choose.

Thanks for reading and commenting by the way, it's much appreciated. Perhaps someday you admins could reconsider the idea and give it a test trial ;o
Back to top Go down
Reese
Hero Fantagian
Reese

PostSubject: Re: Role Play of the Month?   Role Play of the Month? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 3:14 pm

That actually sounds like a very smart idea, but like Len said there are a lot of remakes and everyone would complain.
Back to top Go down
Kennedy
Loyal Fantagian
Kennedy

PostSubject: Re: Role Play of the Month?   Role Play of the Month? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 3:24 pm

Good idea but maybe give it to people that actually thought of it on the top of their head. Not spin-offs Razz
Back to top Go down
http://Www.no.com
Relora
Hero Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: Role Play of the Month?   Role Play of the Month? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 3:53 pm

Pastel wrote:
That actually sounds like a very smart idea, but like Len said there are a lot of remakes and everyone would complain.

Yea >3<

It's unfortunate that a few people can ruin something that should be fun and uplifting d:

Thanks for the feedback guys, I'm hoping(hoping!) that we could always give it a try in the future o3o
Back to top Go down
dewey decimal system
Expert Fantagian
dewey decimal system

PostSubject: Re: Role Play of the Month?   Role Play of the Month? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 4:32 pm

Well, I don't know about it mostly for the reason that some people on the Forum don't role play at all. But, I guess it could work... its just I'll never win haha .
Back to top Go down
SilverBell
Veteran Fantagian
SilverBell

Location : A room in a house in a city in a county in a state in a country in a continent in a planet in a solar system in a galaxy in a universe

PostSubject: Re: Role Play of the Month?   Role Play of the Month? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 5:05 pm

I don't know, it sounds nice, but I don't know. I only remake RPs I liked, or liked the ideas, but I think the RPs today are... Unoriginal/boring, compared to the ones in, say, August when I joined, such as Chemical Emotion, Paranormal Room, Is This Me, etc. People need to be more creative. I try to think of good role plays and have like a million ideas. I wish there was a topic/section where you could post ideas for roleplays and have people comment or add to them.
But it's a good idea I guess!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sweetdessert.niceboard.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Role Play of the Month?   Role Play of the Month? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Role Play of the Month?
Page 1 of 1