Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.
Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.

Fantage Cheats, Secrets, Glitches, Info & Help.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

School uniforms shouldn't be essential [SPEECH]

Go down 
+5
Blue
ColonelSanders
alex
IM MELODY'S HACKER!!!!
9 posters
AuthorMessage
IM MELODY'S HACKER!!!!
Featured User

School uniforms shouldn't be essential [SPEECH] Empty
PostSubject: School uniforms shouldn't be essential [SPEECH]   School uniforms shouldn't be essential [SPEECH] Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 9:20 pm

This is just a practice speech thing for debating :3
Please critique and if you would like to change anything, feel free to.
It's meant to be around 30s but I am got a bit over that.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
alex
alex

PostSubject: Re: School uniforms shouldn't be essential [SPEECH]   School uniforms shouldn't be essential [SPEECH] Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 9:21 pm

"Wearing school uniforms doesn’t make you any safer then not wearing school uniform. Crimes and theft will still happen at school."
That has nothing to do with the speech at all.

It's really short, maybe you could try adding in more descriptive details?
Back to top Go down
IM MELODY'S HACKER!!!!
Featured User

PostSubject: Re: School uniforms shouldn't be essential [SPEECH]   School uniforms shouldn't be essential [SPEECH] Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 9:50 pm

Yes but the thing is it has to be around 30s
Back to top Go down
Regular Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: School uniforms shouldn't be essential [SPEECH]   School uniforms shouldn't be essential [SPEECH] Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 11:43 pm

Last edited by Kyuubey on Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
IM MELODY'S HACKER!!!!
Featured User

PostSubject: Re: School uniforms shouldn't be essential [SPEECH]   School uniforms shouldn't be essential [SPEECH] Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 11:44 pm

That's true but the teacher set a topic and we had to do the negative side :3

What other points could I do, I couldn't think of any others.
Back to top Go down
ColonelSanders
Rookie Fantagian
ColonelSanders

PostSubject: Re: School uniforms shouldn't be essential [SPEECH]   School uniforms shouldn't be essential [SPEECH] Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 12:08 am

I've had many projects in school dealing with debates, and if the teachers feel generous they allow you to choose what you'll be debating about. Usually I wouldn't be able to choose what I'm debating for, which made it more difficult if I didn't personally support it. To me it's like, CONTRADICT ALL THE THINGS!
Anyway, you're starting off with a nice argument, but like everyone else has been saying, it has to be lengthier. A debate like this has the potential to be a convincing one.
What I would do in debates is throw in a lot of evidence. For example, the part where you said that uniforms could be a financial problem for some families, that's something you can research. Like the percentage of families that have difficulty paying for uniforms, or if there's possibly any articles on that?
It sounds a bit silly, looking for facts on that aspect.. but that's why you're always able to provide details.
Why can't some families afford them? How much more difficult does this make it for the families, and how does that affect the school?
Why are uniforms useless?
It's kind of like an essay, lots of questioning and answering with a pinch of.. stalling.

Last edited by ColonelSanders on Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : oh my god grammar)
Back to top Go down
IM MELODY'S HACKER!!!!
Featured User

PostSubject: Re: School uniforms shouldn't be essential [SPEECH]   School uniforms shouldn't be essential [SPEECH] Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 12:17 am

Thank you so much :3

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Blue
Veteran Fantagian
Blue

Location : How am I supposed to know? D; LOCATING MYSELF IS HARD.

PostSubject: Re: School uniforms shouldn't be essential [SPEECH]   School uniforms shouldn't be essential [SPEECH] Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 6:38 am

Off topic: EVERY SINGLE person in my school wears an uniform.
We don't even wear clothes on our birthday.
Last year some person who wasn't from our school entered the school saying it was her birthday, and that stopped it.
Even the kindergarteners wear it.
I'm usually used to wearing uniforms, so I'm typically against this post. It's just me. Sorry..

Good job on this! It's really good, but...uniforms don't cost so much. At my place it costs 2-5 dollars. Hundreds? You could change that bit.
Back to top Go down
http://underworld.forumotions.in
Abstract
Veteran Fantagian
Abstract

PostSubject: Re: School uniforms shouldn't be essential [SPEECH]   School uniforms shouldn't be essential [SPEECH] Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 6:46 am

This is a persuasive essay, correct? I've done one some-what like this, but it was to use a school uniform.
What I really have to say is that not all people feel uncomfortable
with uniforms. I mean, since I go to private school, I've used my uniform for years. I'm kind of used to it, plus, I don't have a lot of good clothes.
(((Note: I know this isn't about me. xD)))
Though, I thought uniforms were used to represent the school, or like if someone got lost, it would be easier to find them. (because their uniform represents that it's them)
Also try thinking of the positives before you write the negatives, or do a chart on the good and bad parts.
Back to top Go down
troller mcloller
Regular Fantagian
troller mcloller

PostSubject: Re: School uniforms shouldn't be essential [SPEECH]   School uniforms shouldn't be essential [SPEECH] Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 12:27 pm

The speech is really nice

stop bugging her >.<

u can put more stuff into the speech like why u dont need it
Back to top Go down
Relora
Hero Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: School uniforms shouldn't be essential [SPEECH]   School uniforms shouldn't be essential [SPEECH] Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 12:46 pm

so is this a speech or a debate? There's a difference.

Anyway I guess this is a speech.

Your points are good for the most part. And as for the length, you said it's about 30s so you don't wanna go to over board, and you might have end up doing that (unless your quick).

Also most uniforms aren't that much. You can usually buy the essentials pretty cheap. So that will be a weak point, the crime thing though is agreeable and I think it's usuable. One of the reasons my school district made a more strict dress code was because of that that and because they thought other clothing items were a distraction... which I think is ridiculous.

Will you be saying this in front of class o:?
Back to top Go down
alex
alex

PostSubject: Re: School uniforms shouldn't be essential [SPEECH]   School uniforms shouldn't be essential [SPEECH] Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 5:36 pm

"In conclusion, I strongly believe that school uniforms should not be essential for school."
The first two words. Those are the absolute most unconvincing way to end your argument. There's plenty of supplements for 'in conclusion', instead of just saying that this is the end of it. Such as, as a result, to conclude, and there's more that you can just search up.

Make your conclusion a bit strong, and thirty seconds? That's really short for a speech, nevertheless a debate.
Back to top Go down
ashsal833
Senior Fantagian
ashsal833

PostSubject: Re: School uniforms shouldn't be essential [SPEECH]   School uniforms shouldn't be essential [SPEECH] Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 5:41 pm

Just saying School uniforms are for spirit and to show pride and respect Also Im sure another reason is, Not bullying, a few kids at my old school kids get bullied for there clothes Im sure thats a true statement but ive heard it happen.
Back to top Go down
IM MELODY'S HACKER!!!!
Featured User

PostSubject: Re: School uniforms shouldn't be essential [SPEECH]   School uniforms shouldn't be essential [SPEECH] Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 1:24 am

@N, yeah it's not a proper one, our normal one when we do it against other schools are around 3 minutes.
@Aubrey, our uniforms over here cost around $90 for a normal one and $50 or so for a sport uniform
@Relora, no just the debating team
Thanks everyone :3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: School uniforms shouldn't be essential [SPEECH]   School uniforms shouldn't be essential [SPEECH] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

School uniforms shouldn't be essential [SPEECH]
Page 1 of 1